Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mobil 1 to Royal purple

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doc,

I had 03 Evo 8 (SOLD) always used MOBIL1. Now I have 06 Evo 9 MR and I have a stock engine. Should I use AMSOIL or continue using MOBIL1?
Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
seeing how u work for AMSOIL, im not sure we can all take your words to heart. i mean without documentation or side by side tests against Royal Pruple, how are we to know that your words hold any credence.

You will have to show me where I said that I work for AMSOIL .

But you will take Royal Purples word and hold them on some Pedestal where they just say something like " A Petroleum Oil" or "A Premium Synthetic" and show no names at all and no tests ?

You show me something From RP with tests that name AMSOIL. Then maybe I'll spend my time to see if any of our tests against RP are still available.

Why we don't have RP in our tests? AMSOIL took the top competitors and went head to head with them. That is why AMSOIL had RP in the Motor Cycle oil tests, just to show how poor it performed.

As soon as I can figure out how to copy the tests and post them, I will, as there is no difference in the oils for what we are talking about, Shear and Wear.

Doc

oildoc@bestoil4you.com
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have a Mobil staion/service station. We sell both Mobil 1 & Royal Purple. I like the Royal Purple much better than Mobil 1. When I made the switch from Mobil 1 to Royal Purple the oil temp went down about 20 degrees. I think that Mobil 1 is just a name now and there product is not as good as it used be.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oil Doc
You will have to show me where I said that I work for AMSOIL .

But you will take Royal Purples word and hold them on some Pedestal where they just say something like " A Petroleum Oil" or "A Premium Synthetic" and show no names at all and no tests ?

You show me something From RP with tests that name AMSOIL. Then maybe I'll spend my time to see if any of our tests against RP are still available.

Why we don't have RP in our tests? AMSOIL took the top competitors and went head to head with them. That is why AMSOIL had RP in the Motor Cycle oil tests, just to show how poor it performed.

As soon as I can figure out how to copy the tests and post them, I will, as there is no difference in the oils for what we are talking about, Shear and Wear.

Doc

oildoc@bestoil4you.com
ok u never said u worked for them directly but i mean come on do i have to quote u and show u y i think u work for them? u say "we" like u work for them or are Amsoil. if not, what oil do u represent?

listen, i have nothing against AMSOIL, as a matter of fact i have run it. i just want some cold hard evidence so i know never to buy RP again.

PS. my cousin is an AMSOIL rep and i just ordered some of the 1 year forumla from him. the turbo fomulated stuff.

Last edited by deadbeatrec; Apr 16, 2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

^I think if I had your mindset, I'd swear half the people on this thread work for Royal Purple. You're just reading too much into it.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
^I think if I had your mindset, I'd swear half the people on this thread work for Royal Purple. You're just reading too much into it.
well when 95% are saying they love it and one individual comes on and says it sucks, its hard not to ask questions. just so u know, i have ordered 5 quarts of AMSOIL and will be going in asap unti then is figured out with some results. because i know AMSOIL is good ****
Old Apr 16, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

OK... I can't help it that you read too much into my statements.

To start with, I was keeping neutral until I was asked directly.

I didn't say RP "sucked", I said there were better choices on the market, still not mentioning AMSOIL.

You have offered NO evidence that RP out performs Any Oil other than by what you have read off of RP's website and even RP will not list any names of the oils they are talking about. You have to ask why ? Why doesn't RP mention names and AMSOIL lists them. Could it be RP is afraid of a lawsuit and AMSOIL has nothing to worry about ?

www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf Although this is a Motorcycle Oil Study, as I stated earlier, the difference is no Friction Modifiers to effect wet clutch operation. The basics of the oils are the same.

Page 9 about the 40 weight oils shearing is a start why to say no to RP

Doc
Old Apr 16, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
just so u know, i have ordered 5 quarts of AMSOIL and will be going in asap unti then is figured out with some results. because i know AMSOIL is good ****

Maybe a little oil analysis on your part of the RP with X amount of miles and analysis on AMSOIL with the same amount of oils.. I have no doubt which will come out better.. We (Dealers) have done the analysis on vehicles running Street/Strip, Trucks, RV's, and Motor Cycles which are harder on oils than your Mits.

Doc
Old Apr 17, 2007, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by antzlim
Doc,

I had 03 Evo 8 (SOLD) always used MOBIL1. Now I have 06 Evo 9 MR and I have a stock engine. Should I use AMSOIL or continue using MOBIL1?
Thanks.

I am sure you must know that I am going to recommend AMSOIL as it outperforms Mobil 1 hands down.

But also know, that Mobil 1 is a very respectable oil.

Doc
Old Apr 17, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Group V is an Ester based product and test have shown that PAO with Esters added, outperform Ester based oil in automotive engines.

Doc
Mobil is saying group 3 with PAO added is better than group 4...Your saying group 4 with Ester added is better than group 5...I guess group 5 is the worst of them all then.....
Old Apr 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe a little oil analysis on your part of the RP with X amount of miles and analysis on AMSOIL with the same amount of oils.. I have no doubt which will come out better.. We (Dealers) have done the analysis on vehicles running Street/Strip, Trucks, RV's, and Motor Cycles which are harder on oils than your Mits.

Doc
What about the test posted earlier in the thread where RP was one of the best?:
http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf
Old Apr 17, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

I want to know where you are finding Mobil 1 is a Group III and not a Group IV.

We are talking Mobil 1 Extended Performance, 15,000 mile formula, correct ?

Even AMSOIL has Group III oils.

If You, or anyone else, is going to compare oils, you need to compare Apples to Apples at least within weight ranges.

I go to some supposed link where they are testing oils, and they are comparing 10-30's to 15-40's and 5-30's.... Those are no comparisons..

Also, everyone needs to start looking at Performance Specs more than Hydro-Cracked, PAO, Ester, Diester or Petroleum..

Not sure about this AliSyn either..... their tests on TBN seem to be all over the board from anything I have seen. I'd also like to see Knoack Volatility, 4-Ball, TFOUT, and HT/HS against oils such as M-1 Extented Perf., Trop Artic Syn, Pennz Plat., Quaker Advanced Full Synthetic and Yes, even AMSOIL.... In the same weight classes..

Maybe I am wrong and the things I have learned in the last 30 some years is all wrong... After all, they did find out the World wasn't flat...

Doc

Last edited by Oil Doc; Apr 17, 2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by broeli
What about the test posted earlier in the thread where RP was one of the best?:
http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf

That test has nothing to do with how an oil performs in an engine. It is a gear lube test. I have seen this many times over the years.

If anyone remembers all the Snake Oil Additives that "were" on TV and used a similar test machine but operated by someone pulling on a lever or with a Torque wrench. I t wasn't calle a "One Armed Bandit" for nothing. And all of those additives are not advertised on TV anymore as they were sued by the Federal Trade Commission and all of them Lost.. www.ftc.org I believe....

Doc
Old Apr 17, 2007, 07:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Doc,

Which amsoil do you recomend for the evo?
Old Apr 18, 2007, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

First choice would be Product Code TSO 0W-30

Second choice would be Product Code ATM 10W-30

Filter of choice would be the AMSOIL EAO-46 which is a 15 Micron Absolute Filter at $13.15

Second choice filter would be the WIX 57092 @5.60 which is a synthetic glass filter.

Doc

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 to Royal purple