Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My FORGE MBC sucks!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2007, 08:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have installed a lot of Forge MBC's on cutomers cars and I have only seen one or two out of many hundreds and hundreds go bad

With that said - there was a problem with the Forge silver ones as they are plished and the polishing grit was stuck inside some of them - I solved that by cleaning them

Now I just stock and sell the black ones which seem to work great

BTW - Hallman MBCs I have seen get stuck on many cars requiring the application of a vice grip to unstick them - they are a good product but I prefer Forge for many reasons

Most of all Forge has been a exelent member of the community and very top vendor in customer support

Finally the Forge UNOS and Forge RS bov (if you can get one) make a great combo

Al
Old Jun 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I have installed a lot of Forge MBC's on cutomers cars and I have only seen one or two out of many hundreds and hundreds go bad

With that said - there was a problem with the Forge silver ones as they are plished and the polishing grit was stuck inside some of them - I solved that by cleaning them

Now I just stock and sell the black ones which seem to work great

BTW - Hallman MBCs I have seen get stuck on many cars requiring the application of a vice grip to unstick them - they are a good product but I prefer Forge for many reasons

Most of all Forge has been a exelent member of the community and very top vendor in customer support

Finally the Forge UNOS and Forge RS bov (if you can get one) make a great combo

Al
+1

Thought you were a hallman junkie...remember year or so ago, you were selling Hallmans like they were the new "crack"

I have the Forge UNOS black and it works great for me...i did have to lube it once(which i have no problem with) and she's been good to me for months...
Old Jun 21, 2007, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

I went through hell with my Forge MBC.

Then I realized I had it hooked up backwards! No problems since then and the performance has been flawless.

I doubt this applies to the situation but I bought two of them before I realized what was up... sounds stupid I know but I was quick to get pissed @ Forge products followed by feeling like a dumbass.

Last edited by justchil; Jun 21, 2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmmmm!
I am installing mine next week sometime i will post back on my findings

otherwise EVC 6 if there is probs
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:10 PM

Just so you guys know that the UK head office regularly watches this board and take ALL your problems seriously. We will be here to support you 100% with all issues
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Forge UK
Just so you guys know that the UK head office regularly watches this board and take ALL your problems seriously. We will be here to support you 100% with all issues
Thanks - I and we appreciate your commitment to our market

My only complaint is the shortage of thr RS BOV's

Please try and make them faster

Al
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

PMd you back Mike@FORGE
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, i am suprised to read a thread like this. i have never read a thread of someone complaining of the forge mbc. however, i have seen many threads of hallman owners complaining of high boost spikes with that boost controller.

I always recommend the forge mbc for my friends and customers.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

I love my Forge UNOS MBC.

+1 for a great product
Old Jun 22, 2007, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

I had so many problems with my Forge mbc. I was sick of having to watch the boost gauge more than the road to check for spikes. This is also after cleaning the unit several times, and receiving a new "greased" ball and stiff spring from Forge. Finally, the nob got stuck and I couldn't adjust boost. Forge wouldn't replace it without the receipt, so I was sol. Got my Hallman a year ago, and I love it. No more worries about spiking, cleaning, etc. Hallman FTMFW!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 04:53 AM

I wonder why people buy MBCs for 30K+ thousand dollar cars. Profec B Spec IIs aren't that expensive and aren't hard to set up.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by piranha
I wonder why people buy MBCs for 30K+ thousand dollar cars. Profec B Spec IIs aren't that expensive and aren't hard to set up.
I wonder why people buy Greddy Profec B's for a 30k+ thousand dollar car when it's going to have the same boost taper and limited functions much like a MBC.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

ok guys, calm down.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by piranha
Neither is ECU controlled boost, which IMHO, is the best.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 06:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since i've joined about a year and a half ago there have been issues and i was suckered into thinking it was user error. I do the fact i can choose the exact settings based on clicks....

But i think you guys should pick up a hallman, like the Sean Ivey said earlier $95 shipped and see IF theres a way to improve on that. If not, make those click and you're set =-)

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Mike@Forge
This is rediculous.

We have sold thousands of units with no problems whatsoever.

All of which none of you will ever know about because it's never posted about on the forums.

A very limited number of units, less than 1%, have had minor issues that just happen to be posted about on the forums, and immediately our products suck altogether, huh?

Every single unit that has ever had a problem has been repaired or replaced completely free of charge under our unlimited lifetime warranty, and we have never had any issues with them since.

Obviously, this person slipped through the cracks and for that, I am deeply sorry, however, we will absolutely do whatever is necessary to ensure that every single customer is 100% happy, just as will happen in this instance.

If you give up on us before giving us a chance to make it right, however, it's not for lack of effort on our part.

We're small company, and we greatly value our customers, so we monitor the forums and these types of things as much as possible. We can't afford to ignore our base like the other larger companies whom you NEVER see on the forums.

We're quite friendly too, so all you have to do is give us a call.

407-447-5363

Quick Reply: My FORGE MBC sucks!