Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Turbo Timer Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2003, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mad VIII

The Red wire gets tapped into the 12v constant wire in the off position, the Blue wire gets tapped into the wire that has power in the ACC position, and the Green wire gets tapped into the wire that has power in the ON position.

You'll need to use a voltmeter to measure the wires. The wire that taps into the Red wire will be the only wire showing voltage in the OFF position, the wires that get tapped into the Blue and Green wires will both show volatage in the ACC position but only one will show voltage in the ON position. Hope this helps.

I did not tap into the wires myself, I also have a harness but mine is from Blitz. I'm also concerned about the harness being compatible. I got mine from Options auto which they have have listed for the 95-99 eclipse, although it says that the harness is actually for the Galant on the package. It's written in Japanese though so Im kind of wondering about this harness also. So far no stalling issues keeping fingers crossed.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Timz, and Thanks 3K.

I have it figured out but I was bumping the post so one of the other guys could see the diagram, the one with the fans and ac dying when the tt is running the car.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

I think what you are saying is correct for a vehicle that has only one ignition lead, the evo has two and you should not use the acc line at all, if you do the engine will die but the accesories will stay on. Anyway... I have the wires figured out for now and will check them all with a volt meter before I recconect the TT. I'm leaving it unhooked for now due to my stalling issues and my dealers tendency to blame things on aftermarket parts... but thanx for the input man.

Originally posted by 3K
mad VIII

The Red wire gets tapped into the 12v constant wire in the off position, the Blue wire gets tapped into the wire that has power in the ACC position, and the Green wire gets tapped into the wire that has power in the ON position.

You'll need to use a voltmeter to measure the wires. The wire that taps into the Red wire will be the only wire showing voltage in the OFF position, the wires that get tapped into the Blue and Green wires will both show volatage in the ACC position but only one will show voltage in the ON position. Hope this helps.

I did not tap into the wires myself, I also have a harness but mine is from Blitz. I'm also concerned about the harness being compatible. I got mine from Options auto which they have have listed for the 95-99 eclipse, although it says that the harness is actually for the Galant on the package. It's written in Japanese though so Im kind of wondering about this harness also. So far no stalling issues keeping fingers crossed.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey mad_VIII,
Are you still having the stalling issue?
Is this like EvoInSoCal's problem, votage drop, poor AC, etc...
I really think there is something up with his accessory drive belt (serpentine belt) like the tensioner is bad or one of the accessories has a bad bearing or something that is causing the belt to slip. I tried to get him to look at it but he doesn't seem to want my help. Obviously it is the dealers problem but if you can tell them what it is, at least you have the car back sooner and fixed. Oh well can't help everyone.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well, the problem has not come back yet but I want to give it a little more time before I reconnect anything. I think the first time it stalled out it was due to a loose intake hose as it was acting exactly like it would if the engine were sucking unmetered air, but it happened the day after I hooked up my boost gauge. I think it was coincidental. The second time I'm rather sure it was the turbo timer harness becuase I did notice a part throttle hesitation as soon as I installed it, but I could have been the ecu as I got two different stories from the dealer. One guy said everything was fine after they swapped the ecu, another said they swapped it with another evo, the car was fine for a little while then it stalled out again (i wish I had gotten the serial number off the original ecu so I could be sure since they blaimed it on the tt and charged me $450) so they said they swapped the ecu back and unhooked all my after market stuff (turbo timer and boost gauge).

I went on a 200 mile mountain run today with a few other Ga. evo guys.... all the highway miles I had the ac on, all the mountain miles it was off and being pushed rather hard and it never even bobled. I read that post and tried what he asked about running the ac full blast with the car good and warm and it never even hickuped so..

I think the first time was a loose hose and the second was the tt harness. I'll give it a couple more weeks then start putting my stuff back on and see what happens.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kewl, I hope it doesn't start again.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 08:48 PM
SRD
Evolving Member

any problems still?
Old Aug 15, 2003, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

I have not hooked it back up yet, so I'm still not 100% sure that I got it all figured out.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Well,

I finally got around to recconecting the turbo timer today. The harness was backwards after all, blue and green had to be reversed so green was dropping voltage when the car was cranked, blue was holding voltage during the crank. So I pulled apart the turbo timer harness (the one connected to the timer) and re wired it so it should work fine now
Old May 12, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

i had the MT6 HKS harness and it was pure plug and play

-joe
Old Mar 9, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

saving this
Old Apr 23, 2007, 08:45 PM

just finish installing my greddy turbo timer.. no flickering or sounding like it's bout to stall issues... i noticed that my friends evo flickers or wants to stall whenever he takes the key out and activates the timer.... i knew it was weird but i didn't think anything of it until read this thread.. sounds like the harness is mixing up the green and blue wires cuz i think he used a harness... here's wat i did on my 06 evo MR (witout using harness... splicing only)

White -----> Red (greddy TT)
Black/white stripe -----> Green (greddy TT)
Blue/black stripe -----> Blue (greddy TT)

hope this helps... not sure if this is the same color wires on evo 8's but i think it would be the same...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

i have the MT-1 harness anyway i can configure it to work?