Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Results From My HTA35R Turbo Kit From Buschur Racing!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i know i did not read the hooooooole thread. but can someone tell me the max power able to be made on a 35r and a hta 35r. are they the same or no
Old Oct 28, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
I've read and re-read this thread and still can't find what the turbine housing a/r was in the "before" mode. We know it was a .63 a/r in the "after" test per Dave's post listed below. But what was it in the "before" test??? Was it .82 or .63? It's been asked a couple times, but I can't see where it's been anwered.
I think somewhere in here it was stated that he had a .63 both before and after.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
I think somewhere in here it was stated that he had a .63 both before and after.

yeah, I read and re-read it, but I can't find the reference for what he was running before. Still early, maybe I just need more coffee.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

bump to learn the before and after a/r on the turbine housings used during this test.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

bump . . .

clearify please;

Can the hta wheel be run on the 35r that uses the cast manifold?

can you get either a .63 or .82 on the cast manifol and will the HTA bolt up to both?

Using the tubular manifold can you get either a .63 or .82?

was this comparison both using the .82 or .63 hot side ? or do I have **** backwards... I'm so confused right now.

If I went with buschur's cast manifold 35r, am I getting a .82 hotside or compressor side ? and can I later just send it back for the HTA wheel upgrade??

David I think I'll need your help directly here as well as it pertains to a lot of the other questions asked by others that we all would like the answeres too. Thank you!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
quote:

Can the hta wheel be run on the 35r that uses the cast manifold?

YES.

can you get either a .63 or .82 on the cast manifol and will the HTA bolt up to both?

NO, FP TURBINE HOUSING ON THE CAST MANIFOLD ONLY.

Using the tubular manifold can you get either a .63 or .82?

NO, 5 BOLT .63 HOUSING IS WHAT WE USE ON THE HEADER KITS.

was this comparison both using the .82 or .63 hot side ? or do I have **** backwards... I'm so confused right now.

NO, FIRST TURBO WAS WITH FP CAST HOUSING, SECOND KIT NOW IS A .63 HOUSING.

If I went with buschur's cast manifold 35r, am I getting a .82 hotside or compressor side ? and can I later just send it back for the HTA wheel upgrade??

IF YOU GO WITH THE CAST MANIFOLD IT IS THE FP HOUSING ONLY. YES, WE CAN UPGRADE THE 35R LATER TO THE HTA.

David I think I'll need your help directly here as well as it pertains to a lot of the other questions asked by others that we all would like the answeres too. Thank you![/QUOTE]

NO PROBLEM. My answers will in bolt just to stand out.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

still not clear.

What was the turbine housing a/r before and after the posted dyno results?

It's a simple question with a simple answer. Please answer! I have my Gt35R turbo boxed up and labeled for shipment to FP tomorrow for the upgrade.

Last edited by dubbleugly01; Oct 28, 2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

why is it so hard to state what the a/r of the turbine housing was in the before and after dyno results?????
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
why is it so hard to state what the a/r of the turbine housing was in the before and after dyno results?????
The before with the cast manifold would have had the FP turbine housing. I'm not sure that they publish the A/R of that housing, at least I've never seen it.

-Paul
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, that is G13 classified info...
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
The FP housing doesnt have an a/r. I think there is an actual process to determine what the a/r of a houisng is. FP never took those steps to find out. It has been estimated at .70 but it is just a rough estimate. And that estimate was for the gt30 wheel which the housing was made for. When the bigger 35r wheel was used in the same housing the a/r would no longer be the same. If the a/r was .70 with the 30 wheel the a/r would be smaller using the 35r wheel. The a/r is a ratio of the area over the wheel to the radius of the wheel. If you make the radius bigger the a/r gets smaller.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Oct 28, 2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

94AWDcoupe, thanks for the insight into the FP turbine housing.

That being the case, how do you tell if the gain in spool and midrange (in this thread) is due to the HTA compressor wheel/housing or the change in the turbine housing?

Granted, you can't argue the before and after dyno numbers because they are what they are, Invoice Evo picked up big gains from his old setup to his new. But the increase in spool rate could be attributed to the turbine housing change as much as the compressor side, or even the manifold change.

I've read numerous threads about this turbo, several times over, and the only back to back, no other changes, comparison I can find is the one Dave did months ago and that dyno sheet is on FP's website. And I think this was done with a .82 exhaust housing, which few of us are going to run on the street if they're worried about spool. Just wondering if the results wouldn't be as dramatic with a more reasonable .63 exhaust housing.

Bump for more impressions from those running the HTA GT35R!
Old Oct 29, 2007, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because it showed big gains on David's car when he had a 35R/Full Race manifold.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I guess when I said FP TURBINE HOUSING 4-5 times in this thread it must have been to hard to understand.............
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
The FP housing doesnt have an a/r. I think there is an actual process to determine what the a/r of a houisng is. FP never took those steps to find out. It has been estimated at .70 but it is just a rough estimate. And that estimate was for the gt30 wheel which the housing was made for. When the bigger 35r wheel was used in the same housing the a/r would no longer be the same. If the a/r was .70 with the 30 wheel the a/r would be smaller using the 35r wheel. The a/r is a ratio of the area over the wheel to the radius of the wheel. If you make the radius bigger the a/r gets smaller.

this is an incorrect statement. the A/R of a housing has nothing to do with the wheel inside. it is a ratio of the area over the radius. the area being the area of the housing inlet, and the radius being the radius from the axis of the wheel, to the center of the scroll where the area is measured.

having a different A/R means the scroll shape will be different. either it will have a larger inlet, and/or it will simply look like a bigger "snail". wheel size and shape is completely independent and has nothing to do with the A/R.

you can reffer to garretts webpage for further info if needed:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...o_tech102.html

Quick Reply: Results From My HTA35R Turbo Kit From Buschur Racing!!