Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

couple P0134 code questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple P0134 code questions

sorry to make a new thread out of this, because I did find several on this but had a few questions I couldn't seem to locate. so my car threw the P0134 cel about a month ago. this is the Front o2 sensor no activity code. because of this my car has been running insanely rich!
well here's the story its kinda hard to explain. the guy I bought the my evo from a couple months ago had an intake cone filter on it. I put a a/f ratio gauge in the car as well, using the front o2 off of the ecu for the gauge. after I recieved the cel, I put the stock intake on, and reset the ecu. the cel went away for 2 weeks but still seemed to be running rich and losing gas millage. cel came back on. then disapeared again the next day without me even reseting the ecu. now it has come on again and disapeared once more. I took my a/f ratio gauge off. made sure im all stock enough so dealer wouldn't ***** bout it (because I was assuming its just the sensor is bad at this point and wanted my warranty's worth), and I sealed the o2 spot off the ecu where I had taped the a/f gauge. took it for a drive and the cel came back on within minutes, it has never come on this quick right after the reset.
anyways:
-if the actual sensor is broken, will the cel come on and off like that? without reseting.
-could the ecu just be freaking out because of where I taped for the a/f gauge. it really seemed like I had a fine connection.
-could it have come on this quickly today because I didn't get a good connection when sealing the wire off the ecu. ( I used one of those heating wire connectors, and it seemed good but is really hard to tell, I dont wanna cut and do another cause I'll have to extend the wire then, it barely reached as it was.... or do you think thats worth it)
-and would an ecu flash (which i was planning on doing soon for the car anyways) with the intake take care of this problem.

thanks
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
Pocket Mo

Originally Posted by MaxxPwr
sorry to make a new thread out of this, because I did find several on this but had a few questions I couldn't seem to locate. so my car threw the P0134 cel about a month ago. this is the Front o2 sensor no activity code. because of this my car has been running insanely rich!
well here's the story its kinda hard to explain. the guy I bought the my evo from a couple months ago had an intake cone filter on it. I put a a/f ratio gauge in the car as well, using the front o2 off of the ecu for the gauge. after I recieved the cel, I put the stock intake on, and reset the ecu. the cel went away for 2 weeks but still seemed to be running rich and losing gas millage. cel came back on. then disapeared again the next day without me even reseting the ecu. now it has come on again and disapeared once more. I took my a/f ratio gauge off. made sure im all stock enough so dealer wouldn't ***** bout it (because I was assuming its just the sensor is bad at this point and wanted my warranty's worth), and I sealed the o2 spot off the ecu where I had taped the a/f gauge. took it for a drive and the cel came back on within minutes, it has never come on this quick right after the reset. [
anyways
-if the actual sensor is broken, will the cel come on and off like that? without reseting.

Yes, if it's starting to go out and hasn't fully broken.

-could the ecu just be freaking out because of where I taped for the a/f gauge. it really seemed like I had a fine connection.

Yes, if you managed to damage the wire to the point where connectivity is not good.

-could it have come on this quickly today because I didn't get a good connection when sealing the wire off the ecu. ( I used one of those heating wire connectors, and it seemed good but is really hard to tell, I dont wanna cut and do another cause I'll have to extend the wire then, it barely reached as it was.... or do you think thats worth it)

If you didn't completely cut through the wire or a many strands of the wire, no.

-and would an ecu flash (which i was planning on doing soon for the car anyways) with the intake take care of this problem.

No.

thanks
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

^---what he said
Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:45 PM

thanks alot!
at this point im really thinkin the sensor is breaking from the intake. and I just need to have mitsu replace it. uggh I hate dealerships.
anything else I should know or suggestions bout this?

Last edited by MaxxPwr; Oct 24, 2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

When you replaced the o2 sensor did it stop throwing the p0134 code?