Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

WHAT'S THIS?! HTA35r is off the car??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks awesome David!
Keep "experimenting"!! When my time comes, I want all the goodies!!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool, I like the setup. Simple, short runners with minimal bends with probably fairly close to equal runner lengths and pressure drops. I was just pointing out the similarities to other manifolds that have proven to work very well already on other platforms.

You also have the added advantage of putting the turbine housing inlet in a more favorable position by pointing the inlet towards the passenger's side, potentially making the bends into the housing less. I'm sure you recognize that, but I figured I'd point it out.

Out of curiosity, do you argon backpurge or use a flux while welding these manifolds?
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
How did your previous Full Race header compare to what you sell with your turbo kits? Why didn't you run your own header on your personal car before.
evo8ltw, do a search, you'll see why I ran this one.
I did a search before and just did one again and I can't find anything. I used the search engine here and an "advanced" Google search as well. Is the header in your HTA 35R kit made by Full Race, or of the same design? If anyone has a link to the elusive thread/post on this topic I'd appreciate it.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I KNOW what it is. It's the new Nuclear manifold with forward facing Ipod injection. Can't wait to see the kryptonite reactor when it's mounted to the depleted uranium housing. I want one too. VWjeff can't have all the goodies.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh dave, u never cease to amaze me!! that looks killer, cant wait to see it all finished
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
I did a search before and just did one again and I can't find anything. I used the search engine here and an "advanced" Google search as well. Is the header in your HTA 35R kit made by Full Race, or of the same design? If anyone has a link to the elusive thread/post on this topic I'd appreciate it.

Just search under DB's handle.

ie. username; davidbuschur, keyword(s); Full Race or full race header and have search results as "show posts" and you should find all posts where he has mentioned those words.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

amazing welding work there by Mr. Stanley....
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

Moving along, I'm fitting up the project and Trent is welding it. As he welds, I type

The service side of our shop is closed this week. When they come back next week my car looks like it is going to need a head gasket Must have blown on the dyno last time and I didn't notice. Extremely hard to blow a head gasket on an EVO. With 40 psi of boost daily for two "years" I guess it was due to have something go wrong. It's been as high as 45.8 psi of boost. I was worried at first because I didn't notice it on the dyno and when I pulled the oil drain line the oil was milky. I drained the pan, pull the oil filter and cut the fitler open. Perfect condition. I'm amazed at the lack of anything in the oil filter........mind boggling that an engine can take this punishment and stay together.

More pictures coming.
Did it have the ARP head studs or your special head studs that you sold me ?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:21 AM

Hi Dave,this is a very nice manifold!In your drag car did the tial v-band showed any gains over the original housing?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Dave,

Your car is so dope-boy .
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice David, I'll stay tuned to see the results!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 03:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by diambo4life
Just search under DB's handle.

ie. username; davidbuschur, keyword(s); Full Race or full race header and have search results as "show posts" and you should find all posts where he has mentioned those words.
I did exactly that, but didn't come up with an answer to my questions -- only references to the fact that the car had a Full Race header on it, and most of them I recall reading when they were new and wondering what the deal was.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Here's the page where Dave explains why he used the Full Race header, wasn't very hard to find.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=262067&page=2
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
My car has standard ARP head studs in it Al. The new ones we sent you weren't out yet when my engine/head went together 2 years ago.

As was stated by TopLevel. The Full Race header was bought for a customer, they backed out, I posted it a few times for sale. Nobody bought it so I used it. It is a nice looking header. After putting it on I wanted to take it off because it isn't one of OUR products, just finally got around to it. I like having something on my car different than everything else on certain parts, just to show we can. Keeps me busy, keeps me interested and keeps me owning the car.

Here's the finished header. It needs milled but is on the head for wastegate, downpipe and i/c pipes to be built.

Looks pretty slick. Downpipe came out kick butt. Working on the wastegate and i/c pipes now. I may completely re-design the FMIC to change how the lower i/c pipe is.......

Last edited by David Buschur; Dec 27, 2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

looks amazing Dave. Trent is a bad A$$!

My car has standard ARP head studs in it Al. The new ones we sent you weren't out yet when my engine/head went together 2 years ago.

As was stated by TopLevel. The Full Race header was bought for a customer, they backed out, I posted it a few times for sale. Nobody bought it so I used it. It is a nice looking header. After putting it on I wanted to take it off because it isn't one of OUR products, just finally got around to it. I like having something on my car different than everything else on certain parts, just to show we can. Keeps me busy, keeps me interested and keeps me owning the car.

Here's the finished header. It needs milled but is on the head for wastegate, downpipe and i/c pipes to be built.

Looks pretty slick. Downpipe came out kick butt. Working on the wastegate and i/c pipes now. I may completely re-design the FMIC to change how the lower i/c pipe is.......

Quick Reply: WHAT'S THIS?! HTA35r is off the car??