Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR 3065 turbo kit w/ tubular manifold lots of photos!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car is staying with the stock ecu for now. At some point later on I will use Aem but not now.... And even before that I will build the block, just to be on the safe side. Only 13k miles so even a drop in pistons / rods is doable...

It will be either tuned inhouse at the shop,ct or I might give sean ivey a try. I am pretty impressed by his results lately...
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Any updates on this? I would love to see the kit in person...
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
There is some confusion because of the use of the term "3065" to describe the turbocharger in this tubular kit.

The 3065 is a specific turbo made by Forced Performance -- not by Garrett, Precision or anyone else. The 3065 is specially built by Forced Performance, who picked the name "3065" and made it famous. It comes with FP's proprietary SS cast turbine housing that has a specific flange. If a kit has a turbo made by Precision or with precision stampings on it, or a Precision number on the compressor flange (like in some of the pictures someone posted above), it's NOT a Forced Performance 3065, although it might be similar in specifications internally.. Forced Performance has been building the 3065 since long before the Evo application -- it was first made in a form to fit the DSM 4g63, and was unique when it came out, because FP took the time and made the investment to have a special turbine housing cast to their specifications that would fit the Garrett ball bearing center section to the DSM flange, and make major improvements in the design at the same time. You can see pictures of the DSM 3065 here http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Code=DSM-Turbo on Forced Performance's website, and the FP3065 for the Evo on the Buschurracing website under the "cast" manifold kit.

In order to use the true FP3065 with a tubular kit, the tubular header would have to use the flange to match the "normal" 3065 turbine housing, or you'd have to substitute a different turbine housing to allow it to be used with a T3 flanged header.

I don't know about the Precision turbo shown in the photos above, though. It simply would not be a FP 3065 at all, I'd think. Maybe someone from Buschurracing can provide more light on the subject?

Last edited by CO_VR4; Feb 25, 2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

I saw another 3065 Kit in my area and the turbo did not look like my FP3065 thats on my br3065 kit. The turbine housing looked smaller and te compressor housing lookd thinner. I really dont think it was all in my head. HAs there been a turbo change for this kit at Buschur?

S
Old Mar 6, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
There is some confusion because of the use of the term "3065" to describe the turbocharger in this tubular kit.

The 3065 is a specific turbo made by Forced Performance -- not by Garrett, Precision or anyone else. The 3065 is specially built by Forced Performance, who picked the name "3065" and made it famous. It comes with FP's proprietary SS cast turbine housing that has a specific flange. If a kit has a turbo made by Precision or with precision stampings on it, or a Precision number on the compressor flange (like in some of the pictures someone posted above), it's NOT a Forced Performance 3065, although it might be similar in specifications internally.. Forced Performance has been building the 3065 since long before the Evo application -- it was first made in a form to fit the DSM 4g63, and was unique when it came out, because FP took the time and made the investment to have a special turbine housing cast to their specifications that would fit the Garrett ball bearing center section to the DSM flange, and make major improvements in the design at the same time. You can see pictures of the DSM 3065 here http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Code=DSM-Turbo on Forced Performance's website, and the FP3065 for the Evo on the Buschurracing website under the "cast" manifold kit.

In order to use the true FP3065 with a tubular kit, the tubular header would have to use the flange to match the "normal" 3065 turbine housing, or you'd have to substitute a different turbine housing to allow it to be used with a T3 flanged header.

I don't know about the Precision turbo shown in the photos above, though. It simply would not be a FP 3065 at all, I'd think. Maybe someone from Buschurracing can provide more light on the subject?

As me curious i asked Jrod about this thing...

"...Thats all it is is the anti surge cover. One of the guys mentioned that in there but its no biggy.

When FP is out of them instead of waiting and waiting we just use PTE covers. It keeps the demand for the kits readily available to the public instead of being delayed for weeks...."

To tell you the truth the PTE cover is better looking...

This coming Saturday i will install the tune the kit... Pretty soon we will have an updated thread...

Suman...

Nice setup you have there man! I was at your wedding... Your wife and my wife are friends since childhood...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kouzman
As me curious i asked Jrod about this thing...

"...Thats all it is is the anti surge cover. One of the guys mentioned that in there but its no biggy.

When FP is out of them instead of waiting and waiting we just use PTE covers. It keeps the demand for the kits readily available to the public instead of being delayed for weeks...."
Not quite. The 3065, plain and simple, is a Forced Performance turbo, with a FP hot side and a FP compressor housing.

What you have is a turbo that may be functionally similar internally, but has a different hot side, a different compressor housing. Whether it started out as a FP turbo or a Precision turbo is an unanswered question...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

to tell you the truth I don't really care if it is an fp3065 or a 3082 or a 3040r or if it is made by fp or garrett or pte or even playmobil...

...the point is that the kit is of an amazing quality, and it will cover my needs and targets for this season...

...we will now in a few days....

Buschur Rules!!!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
Not quite. The 3065, plain and simple, is a Forced Performance turbo, with a FP hot side and a FP compressor housing.

What you have is a turbo that may be functionally similar internally, but has a different hot side, a different compressor housing. Whether it started out as a FP turbo or a Precision turbo is an unanswered question...
I know what your saying and for it actually be a "FP3065" it has to have the cast stainless housing and a garrett cover that FP machines out. But the bottem line is its just a name. The FP3052 and 3065 are still garrett turbos, their not proprietory like the HTAs. Also NOWHERE on Buschur page do they call it a "FP3065" Its just called a 3065. THat on their webpage under both the Tubular and cast mani kits.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

When I say there both garrett turbos Im reffering to the CHRAs