Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stock block with Gt35r and nitrous

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for the positive words. I think I will go ahead and install the Meth kit for daily driving. I think a good solid tune with the meth kit set to activeate around 4k will work perfectly for my DD setup as around town I can shift early and be out of boost. Then for my race setup I can see which I like best at the track. I will go with a tune for C16 and Nitrous, then another with 93pump with Meth and Nitrous. My car currently is tuned to 22psi as well 11secEVO7 so I think that the nitrous with a more aggressive tune and C16 or the 93pump with Meth and nitrous will get me my 10sec time slips im hunting for. I guess clutch and tranny are my main issues as that much abbuse and tq will for sure kill my ACT 2600 clutch setup. I will need a twin or triple disk(unless I just want to change out the disk often) and for the tranny Shep is good and is their anyone else out their that builds the tranny? I am coming from a PPG DogBox on my STI that I sold, so Im used to no synchro's and loud poping/grinding sounds while driving. Id love to get into the 10's rebuild my block this Spring or Summer, and then shoot for 9's.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Also I know this is off topic to this forums topics but any idea about a good company that builds Roll Cages? I gotta get one if I am wanting to run those kind of numbers at the track.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Perhaps if the block was not stock you could get down the track faster without risking a fireball?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

LOL well that is true as well. I doubt it would be much of a fire ball, but yeah I get the point. I am just wanting to push the stocker as far as I can. I dont mind rebuilding, im just wanting to see what this sucker can take!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

i am also building my 35r monster. i run 1300cc of meth on stock turbo and i will run 11's on that setup lol. i am garunteeing a 10 sec pass with my setup:
Stock block, port polished heads, polished chambers, hks 272s, ported intake manifold, stock TB, ic piping, ams style intercooler, 1300cc pure meth, ultimate racing 35r kit with HKS 40mm WG, custom cut out, TRE stage 2 tranny with cryo, spotpeen, and longer 1st, 4th, 5th. plus i have a lot of weight reduction along with a ACT extreme single plate that has seen so much abuse its rediculous lol. i just upgraded all my clutch lines to AMS stuff since i blew them out twice. i am on stock ecu that i tune myself with some mentoring by scott gray. i will make a thread with my results. i recomend dumping that nitrous and just runing a meth setup like me if u need any advice or help with the kit shoot me a pm
Old Feb 15, 2008, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Take it from someone whos done it.

I had a 500whp evo 37r. Wanted more, went with nitrous worked great for a bit then Boom came a rod out of the motor. The stock internals isnt going to hold up to it.

Evo sat for a month, not im putting my stroker in this weekend. Unless you want a new motor, dont do it.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:42 AM

Stock Block record is 669 with 35r 114 octane and 150 dry shot.......
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Your looking at this completely backwards. Running Meth+Racegas+Nitrous+35R is a pretty complicated setup.

You need a lesson in K.I.S.S.

Look at your goal; run 10's.

Look at what you want to maintain while reaching this goal; stock block

Look at the most simple way to set your car up to reach your goal; Race gas tune, high boost.

Nitrous is a power adder, meth is another type of fuel using a much more crude delivery system. Nitrous and meth can both cause backfires, you'll want to avoid this.

Your situation requires an easy answer. Race gas tune. Done. Once you actually go fast enough to get kicked out of the track THEN worry about building a suitable rollcage.