Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

PLEASE!!! ANY ONE using Supertech DUAL Springs and Retainers Chime in!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the dual springs/retainers/seals/seats require the head to come off or for head work to be done?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

The person who sold me dual valve springs DID NOT sell me valve seats OR valve seals.

I had to call up and NEXT day valve seats (pay for next day shipping) AND THEN same day after they shipped them realized i needed seals, and had to CALL THEM UP (because they DID NOT TELL ME I NEEDED THEM) and next day VALVE SEALS. So i paid next day shipping 3 times. once for dual valve springs / retainers. once for valve seats, and once for valve seals, all because my seller didnt now i needed the seat or seal.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
The person who sold me dual valve springs DID NOT sell me valve seats OR valve seals.

I had to call up and NEXT day valve seats (pay for next day shipping) AND THEN same day after they shipped them realized i needed seals, and had to CALL THEM UP (because they DID NOT TELL ME I NEEDED THEM) and next day VALVE SEALS. So i paid next day shipping 3 times. once for dual valve springs / retainers. once for valve seats, and once for valve seals, all because my seller didnt now i needed the seat or seal.
I feel you here!! but at least you caught it before you did the install... I am **** out of luck now ): Took 4 days (not all day every day, but only when i had time) to install the new springs and retainers (I took the head off).. and now I am going to have to order the right seals and redo the job again ): it is a PITA of a job! and I am NOT paying a shop to do the work.. None around here are trustworthy.. and it is an expensive job.. because most shops will only do it with the head off..
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
I feel you here!! but at least you caught it before you did the install... I am **** out of luck now ): Took 4 days (not all day every day, but only when i had time) to install the new springs and retainers (I took the head off).. and now I am going to have to order the right seals and redo the job again ): it is a PITA of a job! and I am NOT paying a shop to do the work.. None around here are trustworthy.. and it is an expensive job.. because most shops will only do it with the head off..
the shop i do normally does them with the head on, but they had to do some other work with the head off, so they are doing them that way. yeah good thing they realized.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Steve@nolimit sold me a BNIB set of Supertech valvetrain w the retainers/ springs. I had a shop install them with COSWORTHS and i didn't have a problem since. so whatever Steve gave me, works.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

the shop i do normally does them with the head on, but they had to do some other work with the head off, so they are doing them that way. yeah good thing they realized.
I don't have any good shops around the Indianapolis area.. Only one that I can think of .. and they are so over priced it is ridiculous
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Inprogress
Do the dual springs/retainers/seals/seats require the head to come off or for head work to be done?
You can leave the head on or take it off.. It is easier to leave the head on.. but then you run the risk of dropping keepers down into the oil pan and dropping a valve into the combustion chamber (like I did). then I had to pull the head off.. so which ever way works best for you.. No, you do not need additional head work done. Just drop in double springs, seats, retainers, and the CORRECT valve seals!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=328432

lawl
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

HAHA that shop sucks... a "base" lmao... nice.. good read man!
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need of course to make sure you plug all the oil galley holes when installing with the head on.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

the seals come with the spring and retainer kit are 6.6mm and they are blue teflon not viaton like the stock, if you use the correct ones for the kit you should never have to replace them again as the teflon stands up to much more abuse and heat.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
the seals come with the spring and retainer kit are 6.6mm and they are blue teflon not viaton like the stock, if you use the correct ones for the kit you should never have to replace them again as the teflon stands up to much more abuse and heat.
The supertech exhaust valve seals are Viton coated.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

i did a comparison between the 6.6 supertech seals and the stockones.. and the supertechs are deff. smaller diameter... chris i didnt know the exhaust valve seals were diff than the intake seals!??!? or are they?
Old Mar 2, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

the seals that came with Blakes spring kit stated Viton on exhaust and Polyacrylic intake seals both bags were labeled what they were VS-M6.6I intake, VS-M6.6E exhaust and if you look into it most poly seals consist of mainly Teflon for longer life under extreme conditions.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
the seals that came with Blakes spring kit stated Viton on exhaust and Polyacrylic intake seals both bags were labeled what they were VS-M6.6I intake, VS-M6.6E exhaust and if you look into it most poly seals consist of mainly Teflon for longer life under extreme conditions.
my intake and exhaust valve seals all came in one bag. They were seprate like u stated?!?! It does state that they are 6.6 though

Quick Reply: PLEASE!!! ANY ONE using Supertech DUAL Springs and Retainers Chime in!