Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

CBRD secret sauce turbo upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2008, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Graphite_MR
hey everyone... I am the owner of the car which dyno's got posted.. I got her yesterday evening.. AND.... i have no word of how to explain what i felt... It starts with spool up "Ridiculously fast" , than u feel the torque "Crazy seat crunching" and than what follows is the horse power"brutal" ... i am just trying to explain it so all of you can understand me but its hard to do so. Its kinda feels is like after you had sex with hot chick...

BBK ALL THE WAY.. ANYONE FROM MD IS WELCOME TO HAVE A RIDE SO THEY CAN EXPERIENCE IS.. I was amazed and pleasantly surprised.. I dropped of an evo 9 and i got back a different animal.. CBRD is an amazing place with amazing people... Now i am waiting for next year's time attacks.
I think this is what i needed power-wise, spool-wise and response wise.. It will be the ultimate track turbo.. )) and i was the first one to officially have the final version. Its got plenty of torque for fast corner exits very responsive no surge , flawless and plenty of power up top.... enough to keep up with the red power wise but not to go comparing the spool up cos its not even close.

Thanks CBRD .
Thanks to everyone who was involved with this turbo (BBK) evolution.
Any questions are welcome.

He got the full version. Charlie received the 1st version which was a lite

Pm me Chad and let me know your first day you have available in your schedule after Turkey Day. I can just drop my car off
Old Nov 14, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CB, have you thought about making a normal rotation version of these wheels and using them in T3/T4 or DSM style housings? Then the rest of us could have one of these little monsters. Not to mention the evo X.

Gary

Last edited by Talonboost; Nov 14, 2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Chad,

I was going to PM this but your box is full - so here it goes

My car has cosworth mivec cams, 680 injectors, APS intercooler, injen/ams intercooler pipes, full race manifold, ss o2 housing, catless hks silent hipower exhaust (downpipe is 2.5"), drop in works air filter with side cut airbox. It was mapped by the 'dentist' - one of the premier UK tuners at 1.65 bar (target on Apexi AVCR). the fuel I use is about the same as 93 octane in the states (100 ron / shell racing v-power)

Would it be worth it to just upgrade the turbo from a IX or should I at the same time work on optimizing other parts? the last time I put on fulll race manifold, aps intercooler and 680cc injectors (mapped by one of the best UK tuners) I did not make any measurable HP - would hate to repeat that with your turbo

Another question on mapping the lite - when just upgrading from a IX turbo to lite, what kind of parameters would we have to change besides fuel? can I just adjust the AFR from a good base tune and call it a day if I am running the same target boost (1.65bar) or would it be best to start from scratch to get the best out of it?

And finally, what should I expect to gain/loose under the curve from 3-7k rpm in your best estimate?

I will be in the states in 3-weeks (for 2-week duration) and would appreciate an answer to help me make up my mind. I am guessing there is not much of a waiting time and you could ship it on time?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards, Can Gogus
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:20 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Talonboost
CB, have you thought about making a normal rotation version of these wheels and using them in T3/T4 or DSM style housings? Then the rest of us could have one of these little monsters. Not to mention the evo X.

Gary
We have plenty of options for the evo X. (I have an evo X hee he).....

There is a larger standard rotation billet wheel in the works..... that will flow more than this.... The nice thing about the standard rotation is that there are a few turbine options too....

If you want to try something special there is a combo I was going to try on my X but I've just been too busy...

also, we have some fantastic t3/t4 hybrid turbos also....

Cheers

cb
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bosshog
Chad,

I was going to PM this but your box is full - so here it goes

My car has cosworth mivec cams, 680 injectors, APS intercooler, injen/ams intercooler pipes, full race manifold, ss o2 housing, catless hks silent hipower exhaust (downpipe is 2.5"), drop in works air filter with side cut airbox. It was mapped by the 'dentist' - one of the premier UK tuners at 1.65 bar (target on Apexi AVCR). the fuel I use is about the same as 93 octane in the states (100 ron / shell racing v-power)

Would it be worth it to just upgrade the turbo from a IX or should I at the same time work on optimizing other parts? the last time I put on fulll race manifold, aps intercooler and 680cc injectors (mapped by one of the best UK tuners) I did not make any measurable HP - would hate to repeat that with your turbo

Another question on mapping the lite - when just upgrading from a IX turbo to lite, what kind of parameters would we have to change besides fuel? can I just adjust the AFR from a good base tune and call it a day if I am running the same target boost (1.65bar) or would it be best to start from scratch to get the best out of it?

And finally, what should I expect to gain/loose under the curve from 3-7k rpm in your best estimate?

I will be in the states in 3-weeks (for 2-week duration) and would appreciate an answer to help me make up my mind. I am guessing there is not much of a waiting time and you could ship it on time?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards, Can Gogus
In quick response, yes... you would definetly enjoy the difference from even the compressor alone.... ill send you a thorough PM. check ur box!! sorry mine was full...

CB
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

bump for any new numbers?!?!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
Account Disabled

waiting on some of the pimp perrin intakes to finish 2 cars... doing another 2 next week i believe...

cb
Old Nov 17, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

CBRD - can you run a stock airbox with this turbo?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 03:17 PM

whats the comparison to the red
Old Nov 17, 2008, 03:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
CBRD - can you run a stock airbox with this turbo?
yes, it is in a stock evo ix Housing that is machined!!

it can use any intake any evo 8 or 9 stock turbo does,

i recommend the perrin if you want an intake!!

cb
Old Nov 17, 2008, 03:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evoixmr1818
whats the comparison to the red
red is bigger lol... bottom line.

will make more power at +30 boost levels... its a great turbo..

this is a smaller lbs/min turbo.

cb
Old Nov 17, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Hmmm...just got a slip from Customs today telling to pick up a mysterious package at the central post office. That can only mean one thing...I think my BBK might be here. Tuner's coming on the 27th too.

Should have my setup all wrapped up soon then - BBK Lite on a full bolt on car.

I may lick the billet blue wheel now and then before it actually goes on the car...mmm yes, tasty
Old Nov 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
Account Disabled

LOL!!

nice, thanks ryan for being part of the CBRD fam!

remember ur studs are in another box...

cb
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Christmas came early...thanks Chad for the BBK Lite and top notch service

Turbo's only been out for like two weeks or so and already I have one sitting in my room here halfway around the world - very impressed. I can't normally even get wheel studs shipped in that quick.

CRBD...they **** excellence.

Sorry, left the crappy cellphone pic big so ppl could drool over it better.

Production model BBK Lite:
Old Nov 18, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by theshadow
Christmas came early...thanks Chad for the BBK Lite and top notch service

Turbo's only been out for like two weeks or so and already I have one sitting in my room here halfway around the world - very impressed. I can't normally even get wheel studs shipped in that quick.

CRBD...they **** excellence.

Sorry, left the crappy cellphone pic big so ppl could drool over it better.

Production model BBK Lite:
congrats. im sure you will love it. cant wait till i get mine.

Quick Reply: CBRD secret sauce turbo upgrade!