Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question for David Buschur - missing power on pump gas "baby Bish"

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for David Buschur - missing power on pump gas "baby Bish"

David, I have a very subborn customer who likes to do a lot of his own parts selection and feels that he should be making nearly the same power as the Bad Bish (30 psi on pump gas 620 whp - dyno jet)

My problem is that I am having a hard time to convince him that the proper selection of parts is very important to get a great VE on a motor and maximize pump gas potential.

Please if you can review his set up as compared to the BAD BISH and tell me how you feel his parts selections will vary from those of the Bad Bish in making power

Stubborn Customer - - - - Bad Bish

Stock Evo Head - - - - BR ported head
Stock valves - - - - BR Valves
Stock Crank - - - - BR balanced crank
Wesico off the shelf pistons - - - - BR Custom JE pistons

Full Race copy - - - - BR Tubular header
custom manifold with .62 turbine housing - - - - BR turbo kit
on Gt35 R - - - - HTA GT35R

BR Delux FMIC - - - - BR RACE FMIC

Cosworth mivec cams - - - - BR race cams

HKS TWIN FIRE on - - -
stock coils - - - - BR COP

Please give me your thoughts about how the customer's selected parts will inpact his ability to make pump gas power.

The customer does also have a meth injection kit - Aquamist HFS 1 - and is running a bit over 36 psi of boost now but the results are less than satisfactory from his perspective

Without disclosing what the numbers show - how do you think his set up at 26 psi with pump and meth compares to the BAD BISH at 30 psi with straight pump.

The customer is dissapointed as he "expects" to be making "at least" the same power as the BAD BISH - "if not more" and I have tried to explain to him why designing the set up is crucial for maximizing the potential of a engine / turbo combination.

Thanks

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; May 16, 2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old May 16, 2008, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This should be interesting..
Old May 16, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
pm??????
Old May 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Why in the world would someone think they should make as much OR MORE power in a car with less stuff done to it. Explain the fundamentals of Volumetric Efficiency and move on. Maybe he took your control X video seriously???????
Old May 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Why dont you just call him? Obviously you just made this thread so Dave can come in and say "Well obviously he doesn't have all Buschur parts." Please tell me you didn't plan this out with Dave beforehand. BRO
Old May 16, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Wtf?
Old May 16, 2008, 08:54 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by justboosted02
pm??????
I already know the answer of course and I am sure that Buschur knows the answer also

Obviously my point here is to initial a dialouge with the community and get some perspective and help to inform and educate the community about what it takes to maximize GT35 power potential
Old May 16, 2008, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
Why dont you just call him? Obviously you just made this thread so Dave can come in and say "Well obviously he doesn't have all Buschur parts." Please tell me you didn't plan this out with Dave beforehand. BRO
I dont think it was planned out but more for the customer to read some 1st hand opinions..
Old May 16, 2008, 08:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 2highpsi
Why in the world would someone think they should make as much OR MORE power in a car with less stuff done to it. Explain the fundamentals of Volumetric Efficiency and move on. Maybe he took your control X video seriously???????
Perhaps

The customer does not really listen to anything I say and does all his own R & D on EVo M and listens to about 30 different experts on everything he buys

I am hoping to use this example as a way to send a message to other future customers and others

BTW -

Both cars have the Buschur Exhuast - bullet

and

Both have a DI intake manifold and large TB

and

Both run AEM
Old May 16, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Bro, I love that most likely this "stubborn customer" isn't even real. bro, you are just trying to swing from Davids nuts just like you do every other day.

and if this is a real customer, its pretty crappy that you are talking smack about him online. very good work ethic you got over there at ICS. maybe he will find this thread, and then tell you to go F yourself.

Bro
Old May 16, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

I know virtually nothing about the details of engine work, but I know enough to reason that less modifications combined with inefficient choices of current modifications will not perform on the same level with more work done to it.

Smaller intercooler, stock valves, stock coils, unported head, flimsy made-in-china manifold...

vs..

Larger intercooler, upgraded valves, upgraded coils, ported head....blah blah blah. It doesn't even have to be BR's parts.

I mean, really, what's there to question?
Old May 16, 2008, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo_8_u
Bro, I love that most likely this "stubborn customer" isn't even real. bro, you are just trying to swing from Davids nuts just like you do every other day.

and if this is a real customer, its pretty ****ty that you are talking **** about him online. maybe he will find this thread, and then tell you to go F yourself.

Bro
I beleive he expects the customer to find the thread as he said so he can read for himself other peoples opinions.. Yes it is a real customer!! This is not for nut swinging so your wrong..
Old May 16, 2008, 09:11 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evo_8_u

and if this is a real customer, its pretty crappy that you are talking smack about him online. very good work ethic you got over there at ICS. maybe he will find this thread, and then tell you to go F yourself.

Bro

The "stubbron customer" exists - if he wants to join in the thread is his decision

I dont think its crappy that I am trying to have an inteligent tech dialouge on this subject. After all the customer has a huge investment in parts and he is motivated to get a good result. If I can not reach him directly, perhaps if I seek the MASTER's advice the customer will listen ? If I did not care I would not take the time to make this thread.

Al
Old May 16, 2008, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by saev
I know virtually nothing about the details of engine work, but I know enough to reason that less modifications combined with inefficient choices of current modifications will not perform on the same level with more work done to it.

Smaller intercooler, stock valves, stock coils, unported head, flimsy made-in-china manifold...

vs..

Larger intercooler, upgraded valves, upgraded coils, ported head....blah blah blah. It doesn't even have to be BR's parts.

I mean, really, what's there to question?
I agree

However, my customer has asserted that he "expects" 620 whp on pump gas or he will be "very dissapointed" and l;ikely will blame be for being a crappy tuner.

My point is to try and initiate a dialouge on the topic to get different perspectives

AL
Old May 16, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

620whp on those parts alone on 93 octane is simply not feesable what-so-ever. I also hope the collector on that manifold was "cleaned up" per say, before it was installed on that car .

Quick Reply: Question for David Buschur - missing power on pump gas "baby Bish"