Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9/OKIX's EVO, ROUND TWO!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Tom/Tony and the rest of the Powell family, you are welcome. Sorry that you didn't a chance to run more. It sucks sitting at a track all day long for 2 passes, I've been there and done that and I hate it.

I bet you were missing the track rentals from Ohio!!

You guys will get it next time, it's not easy. It's why I let Trent or Kevin drive my car.

Guys who thinks "Anyone can drag race, it requires no real skill level" have only ever driven slower cars.
Dave, you are the freakin man! You build some sick cars and that why my car is coming to you. I've had many sleepless nights because of you guys! I can't wait for my car to be Buschur Built.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

bah! weak sauce! The Musketeer can't keep up with the Amigos!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:39 PM

That be true fo sho. That recovery from 2900 RPM's at 100 % TPS is killer. Especially if the DOD (that's Driver Of the Day) decides to 'shoe' it. I definitely miss the track rentals in Ohio. I said it in another thread, but good thing you build 'em bullet proof. Like I've told you before, "Your job is to build them, mine is to push 'em. If it breaks, we go back to step 1". Thanks David for truly a truly bullet-proof engine. I think it needs to be said at this point, just so no one has any wrong ideas of our trial and tribulations. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A BUSHUR ENGINE SHORT BLOCK FAILURE. We removed our engine for a freshening up, and removed an engine due to an issue with a manufacturer defect, but the engines we've used have held together incredibly. The head, now that's where our R&D comes in. Hopefully, the things we learned are a plus for tomorrow. Thanks again DB. 10,000+ on several occassions just proves that it's even OKIX proof. (sorry Tony, I still love ya.)
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry guys, wifes login on my laptop again. She never even reads email. I've got to teach her a little more about how it all works.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

sounds sick... I like the description Tom!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
Tim, don't confuse a Musketter with a Mousketeer. There are seven levels to each of the seven levels. Rat's and Meeces only run in the basement. To be a Musketeer he must first be at One with the Clutch.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved83
sounds sick... I like the description Tom!
Thanks e83, I'm a novelist at heart. Ask me what time it is and I begin building a watch. I can't help myself.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
let me think back to a few months ago.......Wasnt it you that wanted to race from a roll?....hmmm...I think it was. You still up for it sport?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 8sec9
That be true fo sho. That recovery from 2900 RPM's at 100 % TPS is killer. Especially if the DOD (that's Driver Of the Day) decides to 'shoe' it. I definitely miss the track rentals in Ohio. I said it in another thread, but good thing you build 'em bullet proof. Like I've told you before, "Your job is to build them, mine is to push 'em. If it breaks, we go back to step 1". Thanks David for truly a truly bullet-proof engine. I think it needs to be said at this point, just so no one has any wrong ideas of our trial and tribulations. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A BUSHUR ENGINE SHORT BLOCK FAILURE. We removed our engine for a freshening up, and removed an engine due to an issue with a manufacturer defect, but the engines we've used have held together incredibly. The head, now that's where our R&D comes in. Hopefully, the things we learned are a plus for tomorrow. Thanks again DB. 10,000+ on several occassions just proves that it's even OKIX proof. (sorry Tony, I still love ya.)
I get the hint ... time to turn the volume knob to 11 and let the big dog eat

Last edited by Indy Evo; Nov 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

yes, I still have R&D work going on at a very 'high level'. This will not be your fathers Oldsmobile. Right Indy? For anyone thinking that we just sit still when we're not racing, it ain't happenin.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OKIX
let me think back to a few months ago.......Wasnt it you that wanted to race from a roll?....hmmm...I think it was. You still up for it sport?
Honestly, I barely remember yesterday! But sure I'll roll ya! Don't be surprised if I roll up in a white 4 door convertible though!!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

You two kids knock it off. Don't make me get out of my seat!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Launch RPM was just raised and it should build a little more boost. I figure if I can keep your foot on the floor, I'll dial it in with tire pressure and boost. You just have to remember
1. Put foot on the floor
2. Release clutch
3. Shift when it hits 9000
4. Don't forget to wipe
yeah and front to back Tony!

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Guys who thinks "Anyone can drag race, it requires no real skill level" have only ever driven slower cars.
there's lots of local guys on my forum that refuse to try drag racing because it's "easy and boring when you're only using one part of the track" as they put and sure enough they're all slow as hell
Old Nov 17, 2008, 05:01 PM

This thread is great. Tom/Tony, you guys keep it up, it sounds like you're having a great time and really making some memories!

>.> Though you've got me paranoid about getting back in the driver's seat after being away for a year.

Cheers,
Steve
Old Nov 17, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by darkwolf
This thread is great. Tom/Tony, you guys keep it up, it sounds like you're having a great time and really making some memories!

>.> Though you've got me paranoid about getting back in the driver's seat after being away for a year.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks for the darkwolf. It's good to hear that we're appreciated all the way to Kuwait. Tony and I try to share the good and the bad with everyone. Afterall, racing isn't always roses. I personally understand that not everyone has the opportunity that we have, so sharing is our way of including our extended family in our ups and downs. Thanks for the support.

Quick Reply: 9sec9/OKIX's EVO, ROUND TWO!