Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bolt On Turbo Line Up

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voidhawk it was in 9sec9/OKIX's Round 2 thread
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
This should be good
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Voidhawk it was in 9sec9/OKIX's Round 2 thread
dang ... made me read the whole thread again, found it though
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
The FP Green pump numbers above should be revised. The numbers you posted (388/358) and the thread you linked to are for Shameless Tuning's DLL numbers. When Shameless put that car on a real life Mustang dyno it put down 350whp/330wtq. The link to the dyno thread is here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=342336
updated
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

I'd suggest columns for ECU type (stock, AEM, etc.) and which Mustang dyno.
Originally Posted by blitz118
If you add a column for trap speeds you should also include the cars weigh as that plays a big part on the trap speed. Not all of these a cars running high traps speeds with small frame turbos all weigh the same.
Anyhow, that's why I suggested adding a column for the very dyno used.
Well ... I was hoping that the links to the dyno threads would be enough for people who want all the details? Otherwise this is going to turn into more of a project than I anticipated
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
not to start a dyno comparison, but David will confirm our dyno's read almost dead nuts..

we have seen up to 25whp differences to DTM, but who knows what the weather was on either day from dyno to dyno.

cb
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Lets also take a note that all these turbo are not tested with AEM EMS some are using stock ecu.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

hm ... after some more thinking about this ... how about I average all the reported numbers for a given turbo and put that in the table? It should even out the variations between different dynos, ECUs, etc. and if people want details they can go after the links. Better?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by voidhawk
hm ... after some more thinking about this ... how about I average all the reported numbers for a given turbo and put that in the table? It should even out the variations between different dynos, ECUs, etc. and if people want details they can go after the links. Better?
My own opinion is that it'd be better to just have multiple numbers with links for each and then people can look at the links themselves to judge mods, dyno, etc. Averaging in an outliar can really skew the numbers.

Thanks for doing this.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

My car did 381hp/382tq on a superflow in Denver (no idea how these compare to other dynos). Stock IX turbo peaking at 26psi with normal bolt-ons (but stock cams) & AEM, running E85. I'll be heading back on Monday for a FP white tune. Only other change will be a PPI ported exhaust manifold.

Dave
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
not to start a dyno comparison, but David will confirm our dyno's read almost dead nuts..

we have seen up to 25whp differences to DTM, but who knows what the weather was on either day from dyno to dyno.

cb
David's dyno reads high compared to most MD's.

If it didnt then it wouldnt read within 5 percent of Switzers dynojet, not to start a dyno comparison just stating facts.

Some cars that have traveled away from Buschurs MD to dyno on other MD's have reported lower numbers....

Scorke
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DaveK, that's with a large correction factor (~1.25), so it really doesn't apply. We can't use our inflated numbers from altitude due to the correction factor being made for N/As. For reference, you see my dyno numbers below from here in the Springs, but I don't apply a correction factor, and you know how fast mine is.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 13, 2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
David's dyno reads high compared to most MD's.

If it didnt then it wouldnt read within 5 percent of Switzers dynojet, not to start a dyno comparison just stating facts.

Some cars that have traveled away from Buschurs MD to dyno on other MD's have reported lower numbers....

Scorke
Say what?? It has read WAYYYY lower than almost any other dyno for a few years now. Did that change recently or something?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Say what?? It has read WAYYYY lower than almost any other dyno for a few years now. Did that change recently or something?
No I just think it has been questions as of late with record breaking numbers coming off of so many cars that have come off of that dyno not making the same numbers on other dynos .

Also, if a car goes from buschurs MD to switzers dynojet and there is a 5 percent or less difference its safe to assume buschurs MD doesnt read "low".

Scorke
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
No I just think it has been questions as of late with record breaking numbers coming off of so many cars that have come off of that dyno not making the same numbers on other dynos .

Also, if a car goes from buschurs MD to switzers dynojet and there is a 5 percent or less difference its safe to assume buschurs MD doesnt read "low".

Scorke
But in the past there were 13-17% differences. That's why I asked if something recently changed. When cars put down 407whp and trap 125, it's hard to say it reads high when 407 on a Dynojet will get you 118-119 (assuming normal weight on both).

Quick Reply: Bolt On Turbo Line Up