Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bolt On Turbo Line Up

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveK
My car did 381hp/382tq on a superflow in Denver (no idea how these compare to other dynos). Stock IX turbo peaking at 26psi with normal bolt-ons (but stock cams) & AEM, running E85. I'll be heading back on Monday for a FP white tune. Only other change will be a PPI ported exhaust manifold.

Dave
Not sure if these results will mean anything so late in the game, but I did get my car on the dyno a few weeks ago, but was just too busy to get results posted up here.

With the FP White tuned by the same tuner (about a month apart, and I'd bet it was hotter when the White was tuned), for the same boost and AFR levels, we bumped up to 398hp and 390tq. Spool was a tad bit slower, and the turbo seemed to hold boost longer up top.

Dave
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO9GT-1571 aka 9tme
on an evo 8

118*F dyno room temp

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...0&postcount=18
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Dang dave! Those are some damn impressive numbers. I hope everyone reading his posts notes the fact of STOCK cams being used and hitting 398hp!! maybe I should stand by my old theory in that the first white with less then stellar results might have been a turbo issue itself as a unit, not by design
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoPirate
Dang dave! Those are some damn impressive numbers. I hope everyone reading his posts notes the fact of STOCK cams being used and hitting 398hp!! maybe I should stand by my old theory in that the first white with less then stellar results might have been a turbo issue itself as a unit, not by design
One thing someone noted before is the use of 'standard correction' factors for us folks up here at altitude. There's been much discussion as to whether or not this makes for a fair comparison, so I'd say that you're better off looking at the change in results, rather than just the final numbers. Either way, the car is pretty quick and was good enough for a class win at PPIHC last weekend.

Dave
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One thing someone noted before is the use of 'standard correction' factors for us folks up here at altitude. There's been much discussion as to whether or not this makes for a fair comparison, so I'd say that you're better off looking at the change in results, rather than just the final numbers. Either way, the car is pretty quick and was good enough for a class win at PPIHC last weekend.

Dave
Dave, did those shifter standoffs work? (sorry for OT)

cb
Old Jul 27, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Off topic - congrats on the race dave! I heard a few evos crashed, glad to hear it wasn't yours!

Back somewhat on topic - my car on the same dyno with ic pipes, br intake pipe, megan headers, helix 02, megan dp and tp and helix cat back, forge unos mbc, dejon tool 1g bov and 23psi. Stock 9.8, intake mani/tb, cams, intercooler, injectors and spark plugs - made 287/293. Dave might have some more bolt ons then me, but over 100whp gain from this turbo and e85 and not to mention I was dyno'd in april....so say 60 degrees vs probably around 90.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
didn't read the whole thread, but the Evo 9 - 20g should not be making more than the Green (20g-9-LT). You can't make make a useful comparison using averages here when you only have (2) 20g-9's info, and multiple Green users (at all different stages of mods...)

Also, since so many Mustang dyno's are calibrated differently (from standard low-reading, to very low reading, to Dynojet reading), you would be better off using Dynojet numbers.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

New numbers added (mostly stock 9 and Green).
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure if these results will mean anything so late in the game, but I did get my car on the dyno a few weeks ago, but was just too busy to get results posted up here.

With the FP White tuned by the same tuner (about a month apart, and I'd bet it was hotter when the White was tuned), for the same boost and AFR levels, we bumped up to 398hp and 390tq. Spool was a tad bit slower, and the turbo seemed to hold boost longer up top.

Dave
Good info - I really wish somebody would strap an FP White to a Mustang Dyno though ... the one pump gas point I have just doesn't say much really. Anybody?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Great work viodhawk, i to am lookin to upgrade my turbo. so i'm followin this thread closely especially the pump gas numbers. if its any help my sig has the numbers from my stock turbo. which is identical the the '03 evo 8 (9.8T). but the numbers are dynojet numbers. hope this helps.