Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

? for those who have removed the OEM EVO 8 intake manifold...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get ready to hate your life. im removal and install on a evo is very hard. i remember the first time i did it it took me most of the day.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by riceball777
get ready to hate your life. im removal and install on a evo is very hard. i remember the first time i did it it took me most of the day.
Well, I have some good news, everything is almost back together. I couldn't bang everything out in one day though... I worked on the car like 3 hours saturday and 3 hours sunday... Tomorrow I will do the finishing touches and fire up the car.

the only thing that I could not do on my own was remove the 14mm intake manifold bracket bolts, but my brother got them out for me.... I managed to get the rest of everything out myself.

While the manifold was out I put in a phenolic intake manifold gasket (old Honda trick I did on my Integra once upon a time), and I also removed the oem EGR valve, and slapped on the Buschur Racing aluminum blockoff plate. I also removed the intake manifold bracket as well, and probably saved like 1-2 pounds....

The next thing I gotta do is on the 65mm T-body is set the TPS to the correct voltage readings, and I will then think about doing the throttle body coolant bypass also....we'll see...

Old Aug 24, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Well, I have some good news, everything is almost back together. I couldn't bang everything out in one day though... I worked on the car like 3 hours saturday and 3 hours sunday... Tomorrow I will do the finishing touches and fire up the car.

the only thing that I could not do on my own was remove the 14mm intake manifold bracket bolts, but my brother got them out for me.... I managed to get the rest of everything out myself.

While the manifold was out I put in a phenolic intake manifold gasket (old Honda trick I did on my Integra once upon a time), and I also removed the oem EGR valve, and slapped on the Buschur Racing aluminum blockoff plate. I also removed the intake manifold bracket as well, and probably saved like 1-2 pounds....

The next thing I gotta do is on the 65mm T-body is set the TPS to the correct voltage readings, and I will then think about doing the throttle body coolant bypass also....we'll see...

Your rocking the EMS, no need to worry about the voltages, just hook up the laptop and do the TPS wizard cal thing...
Old Aug 24, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
Your rocking the EMS, no need to worry about the voltages, just hook up the laptop and do the TPS wizard cal thing...
I'm not sure how to do that, what menu do I go to the set that up?

In the meantime, I'm gonna look at the position of the TPS on my stock t-body, and make sure it looks, lines up the same on my BR t-body.

Worse come to worse I'll have my brother set it for me... he has one of those tools... that we can set the TPS thing with...
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8

you'll burn that phenolic gasket if you didn't tap the egr port at the head where 900+ degree exhaust gases travel thru

Sorry for the thread revival
Old Nov 29, 2016, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I've done many without plugging that hole, no issues.
The following users liked this post:
Blue Evo 8 (Dec 6, 2016)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
I've done many without plugging that hole, no issues.
Thanks for clarifying !