Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fp Green Vs 3076 Kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fp Green Vs 3076 Kit

Hey guys, I have a 2005 Evo 8 with the mods listed below in my sig. I have a buddy who has a 3076 turbo kit and is looking to sell it. I was planning on getting a Fp green but he just asked me if I was interested in the kit. By the way the kit is brand new and hasn't been used. He decided that he wants to go with an Fp red. So which would be better for my car as it is a daily driver. How much power can I expect with the 3076 kit over the green and is it worth the money to spend on the 3076 kit if I'm going to be using pump gas? Thanks guys.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Fp green with decent boost level on pump gas will put out good numbers/power for a daily driver. as a daily driver, Green wins. 3076 will surely lag little more than Green, also not much power difference unless you are super racer with super race gas ready all the time.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:00 AM

I don't mind a little bit of lag, I'm just worried that hp numbers will come out the same as the Fp green on pump. If the 3076 kit is going to give me the same numbers as an fp green on pump, then I'll go with the Fp green which is cheaper, not as laggy and gives more torque. I'm not planning on running race gas anytime soon so its 93 all the way.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
3076r will be a little more laggy, and it will make more power than a green on pumpgas, but not by that much (20whp). however if you ever do turn up the boost the 30r will make more power, and hold that power longer hands down. also if you upgrade the 30r to HTA specs the difference will be more pronounced

another thing to consider is that if you get a 30r, then you could easily upgrade to a 35r, 37r, 58768948r or whatever as you will only be a turbo swap away.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

then stick with FP Green. search for fp green numbers and 3076 numbers. as far as i remember, not much difference in pump numbers.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Can anyone show us a green dynosheet on 93pump similar to this?

Those sheets are from MY car with stock motor, cossie m2's, and a hfc. Atp's kit no less.

Here's Buschur's hta 3076 at 22psi

Now let's see the 93 pumpgas green dynosheets.

Everyone is always looking at PEAK numbers and saying 'oh my care makes xxx on the dyno'. The true testament to how your car will do in the 1/4 depends on your power "under the curve". Running out of steam at 6500 is no way to have a fast, full weight, pumpgas street car. The rush of quick torque that the green gives you is fine for the seat of the pants feel. Greens are great turbos and can sometime be the better choice when you factor in that they are stock appearing. But they can not compare upstairs in the rpm band. This has been proven time and time again. What your car is capable of doing on pumpgas is totally in your tuner's hands. Point blank.

Nuff said.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:35 AM

So with the mods I have right now, what will a 3076 kit on 93 gas put me at to the wheels?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

yeah I am making 440whp on a 3076r 25lbs. of boost..

want a 35r now!!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JdmSyndicate
So with the mods I have right now, what will a 3076 kit on 93 gas put me at to the wheels?
more then a green will at the same boost same fuel..LOL!!!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you want it just for numbers aka dynoqueening or do you actually want to have a fun car to drive.

With enough area under the curve a 350 whp peak car can get beat out by a lower peak number car. You are focusing on 1/6000th of the graph.

Maybe you should sit in two cars running setups you want to try and go from there.

I don't like waiting for boost, which is why I have a green. Perfect for daily driving as when I need the car to go it goes. On a big turbo car that little bit of lag can get annoying, but some folks like the numbers so I guess it's up to you.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Which 3076 kit is it?
Do you or do you plan to do any type of racing?
Do you think you willever want to run anything besides pump?
Do you think you'll want the option to upgrade the turbo to something like a 35R in the future?
Do you know how much tq. and hp you want, and where?
there are a lot of threads with dyno charts on both turbos on this forum. If you answer ^that^ last question then look at them, you will probably figure it out much better than if you just ask random people.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
Do you want it just for numbers aka dynoqueening or do you actually want to have a fun car to drive.

With enough area under the curve a 350 whp peak car can get beat out by a lower peak number car. You are focusing on 1/6000th of the graph.

Maybe you should sit in two cars running setups you want to try and go from there.

I don't like waiting for boost, which is why I have a green. Perfect for daily driving as when I need the car to go it goes. On a big turbo car that little bit of lag can get annoying, but some folks like the numbers so I guess it's up to you.

According to your sig, it looks like you gained less than 20hp switching to the green from your stock turbo?

Post your dynosheet and let's discuss.

Last edited by 4kinboost; Aug 22, 2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gamebred26
more then a green will at the same boost same fuel..LOL!!!
+1
Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JdmSyndicate

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
What your car is capable of doing on pumpgas is totally in your tuner's hands. Point blank.

Nuff said.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

the bolt on turbos are great upgrades (green, red, and whatever the hell else colors are out)

But honestly they will not make and hold the kind of power 30r+ turbos can. I know there are a couple green and red turbo evos out there killing times and dynos, but there are only just a few. In the real world where every one that owns an evo and doesn't work at a shop or use there car as the "shop car", its a little harder to make the disired power and spool that we all want. Buy a 3076, you will not be dissapointed. A local guy in my area has one on his 9 and it spools FAST, i mean really fast (AMS kit .63).

After going ball bearing i will never look back.

Quick Reply: Fp Green Vs 3076 Kit