Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BIG Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG Electrical problem

so basically i was checking my sunroof fuse due to my sunroof no working and when i pulled out the fuse it kinda has its own box that can come off and it came off so the fuse was good i put it back and as i went to reatch the seperate box with the sunroof fuse to the actuall fuse panel i seen a spark there was a lil smoke and all the lights in car went out and then a few came back on my gauge lights dont work my car wont start or turnover my windshield wipers dont work and a few other stuff i check the engine fuse, battery fuse, windshield fuses, and what not and the fuses a pulled out where all good wut else could the problem be???
Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03evo8kevin
so basically i was checking my sunroof fuse due to my sunroof no working and when i pulled out the fuse it kinda has its own box that can come off and it came off so the fuse was good i put it back and as i went to reatch the seperate box with the sunroof fuse to the actuall fuse panel i seen a spark there was a lil smoke and all the lights in car went out and then a few came back on my gauge lights dont work my car wont start or turnover my windshield wipers dont work and a few other stuff i check the engine fuse, battery fuse, windshield fuses, and what not and the fuses a pulled out where all good wut else could the problem be???
Damn bro, you probably blew some more fuse! You should remove the battery before removing any fuses to save yourself from shock and damage to more fuse man. Good luck.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

There are two fuses coming off of the battery terminal itself.

One goes to the computer/ignition, the other goes to just about everything else.

Check them.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by SaOrlando

One goes to the computer/ignition, the other goes to just about everything else.

Check them.
what do those fuses look like? how do i check them if they arnt like the ones in the fuse panel like behind the change holder???
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:29 PM

this many ppl viewing and no help come on now can anyone help me with my situation
Old Sep 14, 2008, 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SaOrlando

Check them.

Take the fuse cover off and follow the diagram on the fuse cover itself to find the desired fuses. Use a voltmeter to check the fuses.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03evo8kevin
what do those fuses look like? how do i check them if they arnt like the ones in the fuse panel like behind the change holder???
I no longer have my car, so I am going by memory. I believe the two fuses are below the boot on the battery terminal. As I recall, you can see if their is continuity by just looking at them.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks if your car is stock take it to the dealer
Old Sep 28, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

check the 40 amp fuse....for the ignition under the hood