Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ams or buschur for mustache bar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was also thinking about these peices...hmmmmmm
Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just as a safety note, look here for problems if you have the Buschur moustache bar:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7594366-post11.html
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by konstantinosIX

I thing that this part from buschur is the replacement for the 2 (if it called mustache bar)
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Yes, that is our mustache bar and yes it replaces #2 in the picture.
The pictured moustache bar is the original design that has the multiple failures and safety issue. Notice where the single bolt hole is located in the triangular point area. On each side of this bolt and where the 'side' corner braces end, the thin material rips straight up (down in the above picture due to upside down orientation) and then after some point in time eventually separates due to the back and forth movement.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, mine has been rock solid and I've got one of the most abused BR mustache bars out there. I do a burnout on every single pass too. I'm not sure if I have the newer or older one. Its been in the car a year?? But I am sure DB will look into the issue. He is a stand up guy. Sorry to hear some had issues... But keep in mind when you mod you run risks.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the br mustache bar and i love it i could feel the rear of the car just grippin on the launch and it feels way more stirdy instal was pretty simole aswell
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
This thread for reference was started in 2008. I expect nothing less from covr4 or 9sec9 than what they have posted.

Here are the facts. The original mustache bar, as pictured was no strong enough. We have warranteed a bunch of them, everyone that cracked or broke. Since last October or so we changed the design and the center plate section is over double the thickness it was originally and now gusseted. We have not had a single issue since that time and again all were replaced free of charge.

As for 9sec9's failure. He forgot to mention that the bolt holes that held the side differential supports were stripped from putting the bolts back in crooked when the solid side diff supports were removed. Had our solid side diff supports been in the car the rear end could have never came lose like it did, with our without any mustache bar installed.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by konstantinosIX

I thing that the 1 and the 2 items is needed when you wist to convert and AYC rear european diff to an RS USDM differential.
Right?
This was my review from awhile back... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...installed.html
Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

I put one on a customers car. Was the original bar. Nothing on the bar itself ever broke or came off. Only problem I had was exactly as David has already discussed. The plate was thin on the original and it cracked. BR replaced the bar with their newer design. Must be a Vendetta that CO and 9sec9 have to keep rehashing. David has stated all he can on the subject and they made good on a newer part. Now everyone think for a moment of a part you bought in the past from anyplace. And a newer and improved or changed version comes out. How often would they exchange your part EVEN if yours never broke.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Why was DANRR05 post deleted??

^^^BS, here is one he wont replace. He told me he is not going to replace it. He changed the rules, if you did not use HIS bushings your SOL. No where did it say that when they first came out on the market. I had ES bushings.

Image: http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...psb4a9f21d.jpg

Image: http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps6388970d.jpg
Old Oct 27, 2015, 07:42 AM

Sorry to rehash this hostile thread but aside from all the beef and bs no one has even given the OP or anyone searching like myself any valid information on which is better or atleast what the pros and cons are of each compared to the other. I"m guessing that the BR setup is a little more sturdy and better for DD and the AMS kit is lighter and better for racing. I don't really mind vibration as long as it's not like obnoxious but performance I care A LOT about. My biggest worry is does this put any more undue stress on the axles or rear diff?