Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Synapse BOV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good info thanks brotha..! I actually couldnt wait any longer to get info from Synapse so I played with the spring adj. and turned it in 4 and a half turns. It helped a little but I still get partial-throttle flutter, just not as bad. I'll remove the A-port and see what the dealeo is...

as for everone else. If your BOV came capped as shown leave it as is...!

as for the other people that bought the older version you'll have to connect the C-port to a boost source...

Originally Posted by tatsuIX
yo o-town, thats how all of the newer DV will be setup coming out of Synapse (according to Pete).

Back in Mar I took mine in to have them look at it, check on some flutter/ surge I was experiencing and one of the first things they did was to modify the "C" port (plugging it) and porting the chamber enternally, and in my case i had some serious Comp surge! (I had the FPRed w/o 80mm house/surge port). Since going with the Juiced FP Red w/80mm house absolutley NO comp surge!!! but i had experienced some minor flutter. Talked with Pete and he recommended connecting "B" only ... No issues!

They actually dont recommend messing with the spring adjustment, adjust by switching the port combination until it is resolved, if not then go to the spring for adjustment. This is without a doubt the best DV/BOV out there!

but the newer Valves will have no "C" port or it will be capped!

Oh yea (I hope I'm not misquoting), using only the "A" port is like using 60% of the surface area with in the chamber and port "B" is like 30-40%, with both "A&B" it would equate to 100%
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I just installed mine with all the ports used and normal driving is great. I need a new clutch now so I havent had a chance to test part throttle boost. So far I like it but wont know for sure untill I get new clutch installed.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How does your Synchronic bov sound? Mine sounds like, for the lack of a better description, an angry turkey and rubbery (if that makes any sense). Definitely not like a firecracker as someone else described.
Does this sound normal?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Thrilla
How does your Synchronic bov sound? Mine sounds like, for the lack of a better description, an angry turkey and rubbery (if that makes any sense). Definitely not like a firecracker as someone else described.
Does this sound normal?
I had a evo 9 bov that was crushed. Normal driving it sounds the same. If I hit full boost and let off its noticably louder. My boost went up so I had to turn my boost controller down. I went to the track and made 4 passes and now my clutch is slipping. So far its way better than the hks bov that I had a couple years back. Its also better than the crushed evo 9 bov that I had.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

my bov works great and makes the "normal" whooooosh sound when releasing the boost pressure...I have all 3 ports hooked up like synapse recommends
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Just got off the phone with Synapse and with the newer version (c-port capped from factory), you will have to play with the A and B ports to fine tune the BOV and leave the preload as is...

hope the info helps...

Happy boosting...!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by o-townFLA
Just got off the phone with Synapse and with the newer version (c-port capped from factory), you will have to play with the A and B ports to fine tune the BOV and leave the preload as is...

hope the info helps...

Happy boosting...!
so I was right!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Why is this BOV so different, even peopel are getting different sounds. My Synapse sounds nothing at all like my stock DV did. This one is much more like a crack then the stock one was.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
Forgive me if you already posted, but how did you hook yours up?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tatsuIX
so I was right!
yup..! thanks homey...

Originally Posted by LV///R
Forgive me if you already posted, but how did you hook yours up?
I just got back from fine tuning mine and I left the A-port connected and the B-port disconnected. Seemed to solve ALL the partial throttle flutter I experienced before the change...

---------------------

The C-port is no longer connected into on the NEW evo version BOV, as the C-port chamber is slightly modified, per Synapse representative.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:11/9

spoke to a Synapse rep when I called about the flutter I have today.

Well from the rep that I spoke to he said to leave the preload alone and either connect to the A or B port and let the other port open/vented to atmosphere.

I opted for connecting to the A-port only and leave the B-port open. Magically it solved the fluttering issue I had at partial throttle. Problem solved...!

Nope...

I now have the BOV prematurely open slightly when I gradually climb up from vacuum to full boost in 5th gear. This happens when Im in low RPM's in 5th and push the gas pedal 100% down. When I reach full boost it starts to creep open slighly or open and close quickly...

Any suggestions...?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by o-townFLA
UPDATE:11/9

spoke to a Synapse rep when I called about the flutter I have today.

Well from the rep that I spoke to he said to leave the preload alone and either connect to the A or B port and let the other port open/vented to atmosphere.

I opted for connecting to the A-port only and leave the B-port open. Magically it solved the fluttering issue I had at partial throttle. Problem solved...!

Nope...

I now have the BOV prematurely open slightly when I gradually climb up from vacuum to full boost in 5th gear. This happens when Im in low RPM's in 5th and push the gas pedal 100% down. When I reach full boost it starts to creep open slighly or open and close quickly...

Any suggestions...?
This is exactly what I'm experiencing as well. The only downside, IMO.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm...So far I've tried A (vacuum) +C (boost), then B (vacuum)+C (boost). Next I'm going to try A+B (vacuum)+C (boost), after I pick up some hoes...er hoses.

We'll see if that flutter gets resoved.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
here is mine installed. I have A, B, and C hooked up... I need to read this thread and figure out what I should hook up. I'll have to play with it

Last edited by R/TErnie; Nov 9, 2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: forgot the pictures!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
here is mine installed. I have A, B, and C hooked up... I need to read this thread and figure out what I should hook up. I'll have to play with it

Eric... port "B" and port "C" only leave "A" VTA

Quick Reply: Synapse BOV