Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo Bolt-On 75mm Billet Throttle Body ( A MUST SEE PRODUCT )

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a Boomba 75mm today!!!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

i went to strictly modified myself and looked at the throttle body..looks amazing..will be bolting one on to my VSR next week..will post some results soon..
Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

If only I would of seen these before I got my skunk2 TB =(
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is already an adapter that comes with the kit to convert it back down to 65mm.

Ive seen it in person

Originally Posted by E85evo8
I'm waiting for Boomba to now offer at least another adapter that goes from 75mm to 65mm to match up to stock ported IM's. I know there are numerous combinations, but I think that at least one more "option" should be included for future upgrades
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

Man in about 2 weeks il have the money to get one
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by E85evo8
I think most are waiting for either dyno sheets/#'s and/or someone else to try them out first?

I can attest to Boomba as a quality company who makes quality TB's (among other billet pieces).. coming from an srt4 as they became a pretty reputable company within that segment. I ran their 75mm Billet TB on my srt4 as well as a couple of my friends and nothing but good things to say...no leaks, great throttle feel/response etc.

I would buy one right now but...I have a brand new Skunk2 (newer version) 68mm TB waiting for me to install it and I have a ported stock IM (68mm ported inlet) which would force me to use the stock "tapered" IM adapter and then port that piece out to remove that restriction.
You can get the straight through adapter plate and not use the tapered adapter. Then you can just port the stock intake manifold to 75mm. Thats why these throttle bodies are unique you have three separate options.
#1- You can use the tapered adapter plate for stock intake manifold stock bore.

#2- You can use the straight through adapter plate which would make it 75mm all the way through but would require porting a aftermarket intake manifold with a stock TB flange to 75mm to match.

#3- You can use no adapter plate and it will bolt up to any aftermarket manifold with a 5.0 75mm pattern while retaining the stock IAC for stock like drivability.

Thanks, Eric

Last edited by Strictly Modified; Apr 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Driven Innovations
Any boost leak tests?

These have been tested at 90psi under water and not one leak. A customer of yours just ordered one from us and will be on its way to you shortly.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by antilag_200
can the evo tps, be in corporated on to a 1G dsm ?

also, in regards to clearance issues, what is the overall thickness of the adapter plate and the TB.
You must use an Evo TPS but the dsm connector hooks right up to the Evo TPS. Adapter plate thickness is .60 in.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

DSM*BOY/Gamble- I'm Sorry they will only be available in Red,Black, and Natural.

TurboJuice- Very well said thanks.

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback but since the are so many different options for this TB its going to be hard to give individual results. Theres a 65mm or a 75mm inlet and three separate adapter options as stated above. These are designed to work with a huge variety of set ups from stock to aftermarket intake manifolds or i/c pipes without having to switch to a different TB. This is the last TB you will need for any set up and the best part no leaks and retains the stock IAC. As more people purchase these i would appreciate feedback from stock set ups to high hp set ups.

Thanks, Eric

Last edited by Strictly Modified; Apr 21, 2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:20 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Strictly Modified
You can get the straight through adapter plate and not use the tapered adapter. Then you can just port the stock intake manifold to 75mm. Thats why these throttle bodies are unique you have three separate options.
#1- You can use the tapered adapter plate for stock intake manifold stock bore.

#2- You can use the straight through adapter plate which would make it 75mm all the way through but would require porting the stock intake manifold to 75mm to match.

#3- You can use no adapter plate and it will bolt up to any aftermarket manifold with a 5.0 75mm pattern while retaining the stock IAC for stock like drivability.

Thanks, Eric

I don't think that you can port the stock intake manifold to 75mm. That is why a 75mm to 65mm adaptor would be a nice option.

Dan (drb)
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drb
I don't think that you can port the stock intake manifold to 75mm. That is why a 75mm to 65mm adapter would be a nice option.

Dan (drb)

You are right post edited, the straight through adapter plate is for the aftermarket intake manifold with stock TB flanges. However you can port the tapered adapter plate to match the 65mm bore. I will mention to Boomba these requests for a 65mm tapered adapter and will get back to you shortly. For the time being you will have to port the adapter flange to match the 65mm bore.

thanks, eric
Old Apr 21, 2009, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump..
Old Apr 21, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm very interested in one of these and plan to get one in the future. Got a few other things that have to take priority but I am a for sure future customer once I get other things squared away!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by itzwolf
I'm very interested in one of these and plan to get one in the future. Got a few other things that have to take priority but I am a for sure future customer once I get other things squared away!
Awesome, let me know if there is anything else i can help with

-Cisco
Old Apr 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

I presume no objective results yet?

Quick Reply: Evo Bolt-On 75mm Billet Throttle Body ( A MUST SEE PRODUCT )