Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo Bolt-On 75mm Billet Throttle Body ( A MUST SEE PRODUCT )

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo Bolt-On 75mm Billet Throttle Body ( A MUST SEE PRODUCT )

Strictly Modified and Boomba Racing put their heads together to engineer what we believe is a break through product. Boomba racing's Evo 7-8-9 bolt on throttle body is designed to use a stock TPS and idle air control motor so idle control and drivability would be that of a stock throttle body. With a Mustang 5.0 bolt pattern, it works perfectly for aftermarket manifolds, and with the use of a tapered adaptor plate, it bolts right up to your stock manifold as well. Each throttle body is CNC machined from aircraft quality billet aluminum and is available in natural, black, or red anodized finishes.

Boomba Racing’s Throttle body brings to the market some unique features that no one else offers!!

1. You have full use of all of the factory sensors, including the factory idle air control (IAC) motor. Finally, a 75MM TB that allows you the same idle control and drivability of a stock set up. You have the option of running a 91-99 DSM IAC, 03-05 IAC, or a 06 IAC. Please specify which housing will fit your application.

2. No more throttle shaft boost leaks! Due to its design which incorporates sealed throttle shaft bearings, the Boomba Racing TB does not leak, even without the TPS installed. Almost every Evo TB leaks at the throttle shaft, and just about every other aftermarket throttle body has the same issue.

3. Versatility of its design.
- Bolts on to your stock intake manifold with the use of the tapered adapter plate. It is suggested to port the intake manifold TB flange to make full use of the increased air flow potential.
- Aftermarket intake manifolds that are set up for a stock TB can also be used. This is possible with the use of a straight-thru 75mm adapter plate. Only thing to do is port the intake manifold TB flange to match. NO WELDING, NO WAITING!!!
- Bolts on to an aftermarket intake manifold with a Mustang 5.0 TB bolt pattern. Stock throttle cable bracket location is used as well.
- This can also be used on 91-99 DSM 4g63 motor as well. All you need is a Evo TPS, the DSM idle motor housing, and the throttle cable lock (DSM housing and throttle lock come together as a kit).

4. You can run all the factory vacuum and emission hoses on your 03-06 Evo. Boomba Racing’s TB has (1) pre throttle plate vacuum port, and (1) post throttle plate vacuum port, just like the stock TB.

Each kit includes a stock manifold adapter plate and 60 MM hose adapter (for those that want to use it immediately with stock intercooler pipes). Kit also includes a 75 MM hose adapter (for 3 inch intercooler piping) and all mounting hardware. If ordered for a DSM there is no extra cost and it comes with idle motor housing and throttle cable lock. All parts are manufactured to Boomba’s high quality standards and backed up by their warranty.

These Throttle Bodies are available exclusively through Strictly Modified. Dealer inquiries welcome!

If you want to make more power, look really nice, or put some drivability back into your modified machine, Boomba Racing’s billet aluminum throttle body is your answer!!!

Thanks,
Devin Schultz @ Strictly Modified

These are pictures of the throttle body installed on a 96 Eagle Talon.

We will be posting videos of the 96 Talon and a 06 Evo 9 running with this throttle body. Dyno results will be posted soon as well. Please check out our web site for ordering details.

Last edited by Strictly Modified; Apr 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Looks intriguing I must say!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
Looks intriguing I must say!
Thank you!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmmm.........
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, you've pretty much explained the mechanics and physics of that product...
But what im interested and im sure others too, is

Do you have any manufaturer or independent Objective testing/ results to support this.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4G63 T
Ok, you've pretty much explained the mechanics and physics of that product...
But what im interested and im sure others too, is

Do you have any manufaturer or independent Objective testing/ results to support this.
Both the manufacturer and Strictly Modified have tested these throttle bodies on an Evo VIII,EVO IV, and a heavily modified 96 Eagle Talon. All the testing has been done and are out of the prototype stage.
We will have two videos posted tommorow of a bolt-on evo IV, and a 96 Eagle Talon running with these throttle bodies.
We will have dyno results posted very soon as well.
thanks, eric
Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i have a DI intake manifold i can have flanged for anything i want. can i just flange it for the TB and not use that adapter since i really dont need it??

i have a hyper tune TB now. im considering this one as an option since hyper tune is extremely hard to get or even get ahold of.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i have a DI intake manifold i can have flanged for anything i want. can i just flange it for the TB and not use that adapter since i really dont need it??

i have a hyper tune TB now. im considering this one as an option since hyper tune is extremely hard to get or even get ahold of.
Yes have it flanged for a Mustang 5.0 bolt pattern and no adapter plate is needed it will bolt right up. Just make sure you get the throttle cable mount welded on the intake manifold as if it were for a stock throttle body.
thanks, eric

Last edited by Strictly Modified; Apr 9, 2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pretty mad mod if gains from fitting this TB are had alone.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

I have been waiting for something like this to come out for a long time. Looks like my leaky BBK 75mm TB will go into retirement! Nice work fellas!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ericblackevo8
I have been waiting for something like this to come out for a long time. Looks like my leaky BBK 75mm TB will go into retirement! Nice work fellas!

Yup no more leaks. Thank you
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

subscribed...
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:50 PM

looks really good and i hope it is everything it seems to be
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:05 PM

how much boost will it hold before leaking? and how much $ for a 75mm for 06 evo ix?

Quick Reply: Evo Bolt-On 75mm Billet Throttle Body ( A MUST SEE PRODUCT )