Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Masters New 850 series twin disc?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Masters New 850 series twin disc?

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard anything about clutch masters new 850 series twin disc?

Ive been trying to help my buddy figure out what clutch to get for his 05 STI. Somehow his clutch went before mine did in the evo Ive got an 03 VIII with 50k on the clock and hes got an 05 STI with 50k as well crazy.

Anyway hes said hes been reading in some places that the twin disc setups are supposed to produce less stress on the rest of the drive train and also have more of a natural clutch feel. Not like your pushing down a 100lb clutch in traffic.

My concern is not that its not a good clutch but weather or not its worth it. Hes doesnt have much done to the car. just a catless TBE and cobb stage II AP tune. Hes not sure what hes gonna do down the road but im sure hell add things here and there. His main concern with the other options like clutch masters stage 3 or ACT stage 3 is that they all seem to chatter alot and not last that long.

Anyone have any suggestions or comments on this issue or this new design by clutch masters?

Oh by the way this clutch isnt out yet for evo's but is for the 3000gt? weird. Also they describe this clutch being perfect for 600whp to 1200whp and great for the everday driver and for the hardcore street racer. Another concern he had was that the other options were more suited for drag racing. He would like to get into hill climp and road courses etc.

Thanks for any input guys!

-Ethan

EDIT: one more thing this whole setup is around $2500 and the other stage 3 setups are more around $1100. They both come with new flywheels.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

nobody has any experience with twin disc clutches or advice with this new system by clutch masters?

bump
Old Jul 2, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
You want a review of a clutch that has not been sold yet? Just a moment while I look into the future.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
You want a review of a clutch that has not been sold yet? Just a moment while I look into the future.
Come on man you know I didn't mean it like that. I was asking anyones input as stated above. Or experience with twin plate clutches. And opinions or thoughts on the situation.

-Ethan