Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EBC or MBC if you can't record peak values with boost gauge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBC or MBC if you can't record peak values with boost gauge?

The boost gauge I want to get is a simple mechanical one without any of the peak and hold values - I'm leaning towards an EBC so it can serve as a monitor, peak, and also be able to set warning thresholds, etc.

However, EBC's are quite $$ compared to your standard fare MBC.. what do you guys think is the best in this case? For now I plan to only push 19psi to redline.. are the EBC's monitoring functions worth the extra $200+ over a MBC?
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah, for EBC's I was leaning towards the Greddy profecB specII. For MBC's, I was thinking either the Dejon or the Hallman... any recommendations?
Old Oct 10, 2003, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

I have had the Greddy profec b Spec II for a couple of months now. I highly recomend the unit. It serves as a Boost gauge and a controller. The nice feature is the ablility to tune your boost to the 10ths of psi, a limiter which opens your wastegate up to 100% at whatever psi you want, two different psi settings at the punch of a button for around town or the strip, and the ablilty to tune out surge.

I have not had experince with a manual boost controll, so I don't have a comparison to give you. I can just tell you the Greddy unit has been great. It is worth every cent.