Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

cause for misfire after motor mount instal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
cause for misfire after motor mount instal

ok everyone I have searched feverishly with no difinitive answer. The car was running fine boosting hard etc. I crawl under the car to install my new BLOX motor mount and when I go out for a ride it breaks up really bad under boost. First I thought boost leak, but I tested that and held 22 psi no problem. it eventually started to hiss out of the MBC, but held solid. I took the coils and plugs out, which are only about 3 months old and they were looking light brown on all four plugs. Idle is ok, but as you lean on the throttle is starts to pulse and then sputter hard as the revs go up with an obvious loss of power and driveability. can someone advise me the best way to troubleshoot and test this system to find the problem? BTW The car is not throwing any CEL

It is really annoying that I change the mount and have this problem, but I have to beleive that its a coinsidence. Still really annoying. Thanks again.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No way a mount could affect performance of the engine.. did you beat on anything with a hammer trying to get the motor mount in? You could have broken or knocked debris off into your cat if you run one and back presssure under boost is causing your problem. Just a thought.. GL
Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

no nothing like that. the mount went in and out no problem. I really dont think that the mount has any effect on this issue. its just the last thing I did before this problem began. Its probably a coinsidence. I'mjust wondering if there is anything anyone can think of given all the facts
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

bump for misfire?