Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New ETS intake?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aven
Yeah that's what I had to do jr, but man was it a tight squeeze, I even attempted dropping the coupler in hot water to loosen it up. Well eventually it did go on.

I will be doing your modification this week.
Good, you will be satisfied. Just try and cut as straight as you can with a sharp razor blade. Draw a line first as well.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had the pleasure of installing this intake this evening. It turned what should have been maybe an hour max into a 2 1/2 hour job. The coupling that goes on the maf housing is a PITA. I used some carb clean to lube it up and it went on eventually. Almost lost a fingernail like a earlier poster.

I was able to get it to fit without cutting and without the filter rubbing much. If it is rubbing its so minor I don't care. It seems that it touches the fuse box if anything, I bent the ACD bracket just a bit to keep it out of the way.

I'm running the AMSOIL dry fly FYI.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I can't believe how tight the coupler is that supposed to go to the MAF. Its rediculous! I got mine on, but I took a good bit of fiddling with things to get it on there the way I wanted it to go. I also fabbed up a bracket to keep it off of the ACD reservoir. What did the Amsoil filter cost? Do you know the part number?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:22 AM
Account Disabled

got the old style type with a 9 inch k&n fliter to fit without touching anything nor did I cut anything either..
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pegasus
Yeah, I can't believe how tight the coupler is that supposed to go to the MAF. Its rediculous! I got mine on, but I took a good bit of fiddling with things to get it on there the way I wanted it to go. I also fabbed up a bracket to keep it off of the ACD reservoir. What did the Amsoil filter cost? Do you know the part number?

It was the EAAU4560 and it costs about $50 shipped.