Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im going to look into this more i think im alreaddy sold
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Sent my spare in, going to be doing baseline in the Gruppe which I already have then installing the ACD-Tuning and noting the differences over the coming season.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Sent my spare in, going to be doing baseline in the Gruppe which I already have then installing the ACD-Tuning and noting the differences over the coming season.

Here are my impressions of the ACD-Tuning autocross map

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...cross-map.html
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
very nice, looking forward to that
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Just talked to Matt at ACD Tuning, I sent in my spare ACD Computer for a Custom Stage 3 Tune today! Can't wait to get it back for some testing!! I really liked the Differential Plate Swap Mod, it feels like a different car already, so with the ACD reprogrammed it really should be fun!!! Thanks Matt!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also have the gruppe-s flash so am looking forward to your reviews. Just curious, what power and suspension mods do you have?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:32 PM

intresting stuff.
i watched a japanese evo video on track and the driver was switching between tarmac for some corners and gravel for others saying he had better grip in different modes so depending on the corner selecting a different acd option would help so you definately are on to something

Last edited by Raymond8888; Jan 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:26 PM

I'm looking around ACD-tuning.com and there's some good stuff in there, thanks for the link.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
I also have the gruppe-s flash so am looking forward to your reviews. Just curious, what power and suspension mods do you have?
Stock drivetrain, full Robispec racing suspension including hard bearings, slicks. This year i'm gonna run the 12 plate mod and the two computers and see which works best because I believe any ACD mod without a proper diff isn't enough to really justify the programming.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Stock drivetrain, full Robispec racing suspension including hard bearings, slicks. This year i'm gonna run the 12 plate mod and the two computers and see which works best because I believe any ACD mod without a proper diff isn't enough to really justify the programming.
I agree with you half way on your 'needing a diff' statement. For serious racers, yes, a rear diff will definitley bring out the max potenetial of the programming. However, someone who just enjoys driving on the street will also enjoy the programming. It's not like the programming doesn't work if you don't have a diff. Didn't you say somewhere that you shaved seconds off your lap times with just the programming?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
I agree with you half way on your 'needing a diff' statement. For serious racers, yes, a rear diff will definitley bring out the max potenetial of the programming. However, someone who just enjoys driving on the street will also enjoy the programming. It's not like the programming doesn't work if you don't have a diff. Didn't you say somewhere that you shaved seconds off your lap times with just the programming?
Yes it definitely works wonders VS the stock ACD programming on track out. I'm very excited to see how she handles now.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

......I believe any ACD mod without a proper diff isn't enough to really justify the programming.
Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Yes it definitely works wonders VS the stock ACD programming on track out. I'm very excited to see how she handles now.
So... I've been thinking about having my ACD re-flashed and I was about to ask this question. Is it really worth it without a rear diff upgrade? These answers seem to be a bit conflicting

I have an OEM rear diff, but want that touch of controllable oversteer on corner exit at second gear speeds... 35-55mph. My car is mostly street driven. Didn't get to the track last year because of clutch problems. I want to do more track days this summer.

I know having a upgraded rear diff will get the most out of the tuning, but I just want to know, is this flash going to make a clear noticeable difference with the OEM rear diff? Is it worth the money?

Last edited by MitsuJDM; Jan 12, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Very interesting. I've been interested int he Gruppe-S flash but if this one is better then I'll be doing this in the future
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
So... I've been thinking about having my ACD re-flashed and I was about to ask this question. Is it really worth it without a rear diff upgrade? These answers seem to be a bit conflicting

I have an OEM rear diff, but want that touch of controllable oversteer on corner exit at second gear speeds... 35-55mph. My car is mostly street driven. Didn't get to the track last year because of clutch problems. I want to do more track days this summer.

I know having a upgraded rear diff will get the most out of the tuning, but I just want to know, is this flash going to make a clear noticeable difference with the OEM rear diff? Is it worth the money?
You do not need a rear diff for this to 'work'...at all. You will absolutely notice a difference. The rear diff thing is for guys who race on the norm and are trying to eek out tenths of a second of lap times. The rear diff just really compliments the flashing of the acd. I don't want there to be any misleading info out there- I'm just trying to clear things up a bit is all.

Matt
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by MitsuJDM

they will both make a difference but together i think they will also compliment each other. also keep in mind the rear diff is not assembled properly from the factory

Quick Reply: ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!