Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HELP: EVO noise concern under my vehicle when turn right

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP: EVO noise concern under my vehicle when turn right

the dealership check my car about the noise that I concern under my vehicle during right turn bumps or turns. The noise sound similar to tire rubbing the right fender, but it's not. The dealdership check and inspection found concern caused by worn left front wheel bearing hub assembly and they replace it with a new wheel bearing. The Mechanic guys said that whoever did my clutch hammer my left axel that cause the damage to my left front wheel bearing that cause the noise.

After a few days after i get my front wheel bearing replace, I start to hear the same noise again quieter now when I make a right turn, ex when back out or when turn into a steep driveway into the parking lot. the dealership check my car again but can't figure out the noise because the noise don't come up when we take it for a test drive. Noise only happen sometime.

I want to know if anyone experience this same problem with their EVO? do u guys think it could be a ball joint or a right front wheel bearing? if it's a ball jiont problem, I will hear the noise everytime I turn rite, but I don't?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have the same noise,it started right after i got new tires.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:05 PM

wow that sucks, never had that prob, sry to hear that and good luck to finding the source!!!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

If you have coilovers make sure the pillow ball is not seized up.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:11 AM

no, I don't have coilovers? I was told that it could possible be my clutch (ACT extreme clutch) that's making the noise with the pressure when turn? is this normal? it noise sound like only minor problem sound but I don't want to hurt me in the long run.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use to have that noise too when i first got me Evo. It go away for some reason. By the way, Check this thread out https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...-new-post.html
Old Apr 16, 2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
I use to have that noise too when i first got me Evo. It go away for some reason. By the way, Check this thread out https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...-new-post.html
well, I don't hear the noise these couple days, but like I said the noise might come back if I make a right turn to a steep drive way or curve or when there's more pressure when turn right? r u sure u send me the correct thread?