Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

bad fuel injectors?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation bad fuel injectors?

so i had my rear o2 sensor out so i didnt think twice when my check engine light was on but then my car was runin a bit rough after a while i put it back in and made the spacer out of the spark plug spacer thing so i wont get to much air on the o2 but after i did the car was runin even worse so i got the test from autozone and its a random cyl missfire. in the past 6mon ive replaced the spark plugs and wires
i can hear a ticking comin form the engine thought it might be some sort of arc comin form the ignition spark area but after a closer listen sounds like its comin form the intake manifold/fuel system area. so im thinkin its a bad injector? all vacum lines are on. i heard I can check the injector with a multimetor thing how to i check the injector with that? any ideas what it might be besides a fuel injector.
i dont want to pull the spark plugs for no reason cuz i messed up the conector part of the wires last time even thow i ws pullin form the base .
PLZ HELP I cant afford to pay a shop now and cant stand my baby in pain like this
PS. u can tell the missfire when i first start it up when i let it warm up it gets better and when im goin slow in 1st it feels like im almost tapin on the gas a lil bit when im stedy on it. but when drivin over like 10mph it seems to drive just fine but also when i stop at a light theres alot of viberaton (i have a tourqe damper but its worse than ever) and if i try and turn on the AC it gets real bad so i have to just leave it off

Last edited by adammartini; Jul 28, 2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: PS
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Pull the injectors and have the flow bench tested. Should be about 10-15 bucks an injector. It's a quick way to either pinpoint your problem, or rule out a potential cause.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vicksen
Pull the injectors and have the flow bench tested. Should be about 10-15 bucks an injector. It's a quick way to either pinpoint your problem, or rule out a potential cause.
would i be able to just check this myself? or would i end up f-ing them up or something? how much do the ave shop charge to just find the prob and not fix
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

well i just went back to vatozone to get the code and its P0300. when i took it in a few days ago they said one random cyl and now this guy said its multi cyl. damn I have the OEM ignition system and i know its like coil over plug then goes from coil with wire to the 2nd plug so would it be a bad coil pac to be hitin 2cyl like that?