Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JARVEVO8
Damnn! I just saw your PM, I replied to your email. BTW. Which wideband are you using?

Thanks.
Its from proefi, looks like a bosch. I really like the ntk widebands, but they are expensive and need to be free air calibrated.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 308 Likes on 124 Posts
My boss has fitted his EFR Turbo = 7670 T4 TS 1.06.
for better or for worse i'll post some results up hopefully before the end of the weekend.
results are on a EJ20 with dual vvt, the previous turbo was a GTX3076 with T3 TS 0.78.

Cheers, Mike
Old Jun 6, 2012, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AristoA
On a note that might be more immediate to some, has anyone had any update about whether the 9180s are still on target to be available June-July as was the case last time I inquired roughly 6 months ago? Is another delay on the horizon or does production seem to be going according to plan?
Ditto to this, I've had my cash in since november 1010 for one of these, I am VERY VERY close to just getting a PT6466. Anyone got any real info on when these will be available?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ 1000 years... must be tough. How do you do it?

I'll ask Full-Race the next time I talk to them about an ETA for the 9180's and 8374's. I know it's not June.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
^ 1000 years... must be tough. How do you do it?

I'll ask Full-Race the next time I talk to them about an ETA for the 9180's and 8374's. I know it's not June.
Correct. Its actually the second week of July.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RSMike
My boss has fitted his EFR Turbo = 7670 T4 TS 1.06.
for better or for worse i'll post some results up hopefully before the end of the weekend.
results are on a EJ20 with dual vvt, the previous turbo was a GTX3076 with T3 TS 0.78.
Mike, are you going to post any results for the GTX3076?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 308 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Talonboost
Mike, are you going to post any results for the GTX3076?
yup, the tuning on the EFR 7670 is done but i'm just waiting for the information to be sent to me, then i'll post it on these forums.
The dyno sheets will be GTX3076 vs EFR7670 on a EJ20 platform.

Cheers, Mike
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RSMike
yup, the tuning on the EFR 7670 is done but i'm just waiting for the information to be sent to me, then i'll post it on these forums.
The dyno sheets will be GTX3076 vs EFR7670 on a EJ20 platform.

Cheers, Mike
Excellent.
It sounds then like you got through all your comparison runs without exploding the test engine, which is always a big plus
Same comment for the Supra guys with their big test, very glad they got through it all.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
Correct. Its actually the second week of July.
just wondering how reliable is that prediction?
I have been waiting 1.5 years for my turbo have no idea even what # I am on the waiting list
it's been the second week of the month for too long for me
Old Jun 8, 2012, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

The Supra test is pretty disappointing. I can't bring myself to post in their new thread.

The boost plots are not even close to being the same.

They didn't put a dumptube on the full-race manifold 2nd wastegate and then POINTED it at the compressor inlet. Auto-EGR anyone? Precision DBB and JB...same turbo and they make like 50whp different? WTF?

It's really tough to draw conclusions from their testing with these FEW things SO wrong. I can attempt to see the forest through the trees, and I think I can make some conclusions... but they're just painful to make assumptions, when it should be pretty clear. I guess I'll do my own testing to determine what I want to know. It's just frustrating to see something poorly executed.

I am looking forward to Mike's results.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Talx
just wondering how reliable is that prediction?
I have been waiting 1.5 years for my turbo have no idea even what # I am on the waiting list
it's been the second week of the month for too long for me
I guess for you it's a race between Iraq's nuclear development and BW producing your turbo.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Supra test is pretty disappointing. I can't bring myself to post in their new thread.

They didn't put a dumptube on the full-race manifold 2nd wastegate and then POINTED it at the compressor inlet. Auto-EGR anyone? Precision DBB and JB...same turbo and they make like 50whp different? WTF?

It's really tough to draw conclusions from their testing with these FEW things SO wrong. I can attempt to see the forest through the trees, and I think I can make some conclusions... but they're just painful to make assumptions, when it should be pretty clear. I guess I'll do my own testing to determine what I want to know. It's just frustrating to see something poorly executed.

in the test the all in part was done with waste gates bolted closed. If one turbo was able to flow more air that shows that turbo can supports more power. Also since there was no opening of the waste gates there is no EGR effect. It is sort of confusing how the journal bearing did better than the ball bearing
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, big old wtf on that one. then again, its pte. i wouldnt expect consistency. im actually shocked they made it thru the testing without a pte turbo failure.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

to keep this thread going ill continue with my build updates in here.

working on boost control. all 300 psi rated push loc hose. dei heat sleeve around the hot areas. made an aluminum bracket and painted it for the boost control solenoid, uses 2 existing holes in the frame rail. the hoses loop like that to clear the conical air filter. couldnt find anything besides dei 1/8 npt distribution blocks to merge fittings, so that got expensive at $25 each but the rest of the stuff is fairly cheap. im thinking of using the licp for the boost source, so intercooler pressure drop doesnt kill the boost curve. any negatives?

Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Looking good.

Those lines look pretty clean.

Hopefully I should have some results for my SS 8374 here in the next month or so.

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread