Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Idk what's happening?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
..help at all unless the injectors or fuel pump is bad, hold off on that for now. What turbo do you have in this car? First thing after the plugs and BOV is a boost leak test there are several how to's on this forum.
And not only is it important to check the current setup of the car but why go spending money on things you might not have to replace. When it comes to problems its sometimes the small little things we over look during an install or trying to fit a part that makes the car run like garbage. My buddy had a small vac leak in his audi and completely threw the car into lip mode and he could only spike 6lbs drove him nuts till he found there was a small tiny hole in his vac line running from the compressor referenece port on his turbo..
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:29 PM

Well I put in the laser iridiums that the book calls for and that's what was in it also and it's galled at about .024 I can try and find a different bov to run I'd actually rather a dv but won't going from it being tuned with this bov to a dv mess with the car? And it's stock turbo tuned at 25 lbs with rc 750 injectors and on stock pump I wanted to upgrade pump too
Old Feb 14, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

The fact that you're running a bov open to atmosphere can make it run like ***. The book also calls for 21PSI max boost tapering to 19. Lose the bov and put a recirc in it.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 05:11 PM

The fact that you're running a bov open to atmosphere can make it run like ***. The book also calls for 21PSI max boost tapering to 19. Lose the bov and put a recirc in it.
Ok well I need to find a good recirculating one then and I plan on doing the pump and getting it retuned soon anyways I bought it with all this done to it basically and it ran fine fill just recently I'm going to get it tuned soon because I'm going to do fuel pump adjustable time gears and timing belt but I'll look on the forum and figure out how to do a proper boost leak test and do that to
Old Feb 14, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/598501-post4.html

Fuel pump upgrade not a bad idea, adjustable timing gears waste of money. IMHO
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like ur plugs are cracked happenes to me all the time it will drive fine but when u try to give it any more than like 20 psi then it cuts out. change ur plugs and see if that does the trick
Old Feb 14, 2011, 07:27 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/598501-post4.html

Fuel pump upgrade not a bad idea, adjustable timing gears waste of money. IMHO
Yeah the timing gears are more of a looks thing to me I like it to look nice and I like that but I want to get this situated first it's driving me insane i am going to try another plug tomorrow and see if any difference and try finding the stuff on here and figure out a boost leak test all before I go to work
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-how-why.html
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:36 PM

I do not have any if the stuff to do that lol I might just take it somewhere to do it I was going to get the tune redone at ams and I'm sure they can do a boost leak test and let me know what if anything is leaking plus that's who will do my fuel pump... I could do the pump but then I can't drive it to them I don't know I'm getting very annoyed though I might just change the bov anyways
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

You can do the fuel pump and then drive it to them, won't be a problem at all just don't floor it all the way there. The stuff needed for the boost leak tester can be picked up at a home-depot for a very few dollars. AMS is not cheap do as much yourself as you can before you go there.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:30 AM

You can do the fuel pump and then drive it to them, won't be a problem at all just don't floor it all the way there. The stuff needed for the boost leak tester can be picked up at a home-depot for a very few dollars. AMS is not cheap do as much yourself as you can before you go there.
Oh ok well I was misled on that then I was told once I do the fuel not to drive it that far but ol that will save me money then and I'm going to try those other spark plugs tonight after work just to see what happens thanks for the help everyone I appreciate all of this
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:43 AM

i just changed to a different iridium plug again after i learned the gapping difference.... as in not to use the round one and its problem solved it took three sets of spark plugs and the old iridium ones that came out of the car the gap was around .035 on all of them so they were pretty wore out. thanks everyone for all of the help and suggestions its very much appreciated
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dewd. Like I said, F the platinum and the iridium. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9070182-post10.html
Old Feb 16, 2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MMMills89
i just changed to a different iridium plug again after i learned the gapping difference.... as in not to use the round one and its problem solved it took three sets of spark plugs and the old iridium ones that came out of the car the gap was around .035 on all of them so they were pretty wore out. thanks everyone for all of the help and suggestions its very much appreciated
A major crisis averted good to hear your all fixed up
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:56 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dewd. Like I said, F the platinum and the iridium. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9070182-post10.html
Yeah I know but the ones you listed have a tapered seat and no little washer or gasket or whatever it is and wasn't listed as a plug I could use at the parts store so I just went with the same ones that were in it lol oh well it still worked and thanks for all the help!

Quick Reply: Idk what's happening?