Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another Buschur Exhaust Thread..with installation instruction.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2003, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Buschur Exhaust Thread..with installation instruction.

Here are the instruction Mr. Buschur sent me through pm when I was in the process of putting on my Buschur 3.0" turbo back exhaust with high flow cat and magnaflow muffler.

"Here are some tips on the exhaust. Take the entire system off the car first. Leave the rubber hangers on the car and slide them off the stock exhaust.
Put the downpipe on first, put it on all the way and tighten it down.
Then slide your highflow cat or offroad pipe on, DO NOT tighten it.
Slide the cat back pipe on, be sure to put the hanger on the pipe BEHIND the rubber hanger. Put the bolt in that hanger and snug it up, then slide the muffler on and put that bolt and hanger on.

Now, center the cat or offroad pipe equally between the two ends and turn the cat back pipe so it is level to the ground. Now tighten the clamps on the cat. Next go to the back of the car and make sure the tip is where you want it, also make sure you have a fingers width between the cat back pipe and rear end. If you don't simply push it over a little and then tighten the hanger down on it tight. Now get your muffler where you want it and tighten that clamp.

It is really easy. If you have trouble getting any of the ends to slide together make sure they aren't dented from shipping, if so just lightly tap the dent out with a hammer. If one of the ends don't look perfectly round do the same thing, go about 4-5 inches down the pipe and either squeeze it back round with a large pair of channel locks or you can tap it with a hammer. It will go together but the connections are very close and snug.

Good luck, enjoy the parts."

Well on to the review...I put that bad boy on and had no problems fitting the exhaust on. Only set back was the stupid stock donut gasket on the 02 housing and part of the heat shield getting in the way of the high flow cat to fit nicely A 5 minute hack job fixed that. All in all it took me and my friend bout an hr or so to put it on using ramps and jackstands. The exhaust fitted perfectly with minor adjustments and the tip sticks in the midddle and about a good inch or more away from the bumper.

I started her up and it sounded beautiful...slightly louder than the stock exhaust outside, but inside its sound like its stock at idle. Warmed her up and let her rip....it was music to my ears for it wasn't obnoxious or droning. I ripped it through first and my head kicked back like a girl giving vicious head. Definitely more power at the low end and througout the rpm.

I recommend this exhaust to anyone. Go out and buy one, it's on sale!!!

Buschur quality products and service

Last edited by BushBurninEvo; Dec 14, 2003 at 11:53 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

I get goosebumps just thinking about getting one. Thanks for the review
Old Jan 14, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

nice.

Last edited by BrownPoop; Jan 14, 2005 at 07:07 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BushBurninEvo
I ripped it through first and my head kicked back like a girl giving vicious head.
Nice example

Can you take a picture of where you muffler sits in the bumper because mine use to hang real low and i've raised it up a bit more but I just wanna compare how others sits.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, thanks for the write up I have had the same exhaust for about a month waiting for me to put it on.

What did you use for gaskets at the downpipe connection that meets the o2 housing and the high flow cat?
Old Jan 14, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancealot72
Nice, thanks for the write up I have had the same exhaust for about a month waiting for me to put it on.

What did you use for gaskets at the downpipe connection that meets the o2 housing and the high flow cat?
I don't think a gasket is used for the downpipe connection to the o2 housing, i'm not sure about the HF cat because I got TBE.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

only gasket you use is the stock o2 housing gasket. No gaskets anywhere else.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Good info...
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by BrownPoop
only gasket you use is the stock o2 housing gasket. No gaskets anywhere else.
Are you talking about the doughnut gasket because mine wouldn't bolt up with in on so I took it out?
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
the donut gasket WILL NOT work with the Buschur downpipe. Step away from the donut gasket.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by atlvalet
the donut gasket WILL NOT work with the Buschur downpipe. Step away from the donut gasket.
That is what I learned the hard way but I was just making sure I hadn't missed something !
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Are there any features for vibration isolation? I'm pretty sure this system doesn't have a flex pipe. Does it have anything else? Sprung flanges? I've heard some murmurs about people worrying about excessive stress on the downpipe, or the downpipe on the O2 housing.

If those points are not an issue I'd really like to get the TBE soon, probably for a spring/summer install.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:52 AM

Oh and I have a question for you all ....... have you ever noticed a change in the exhaust sound on rainy days, like after you drive over a puddle or something the exhaust will sound different for about 1 min and then goes back to normal....... Any ideas?
Old Jan 14, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
I am about to install the exhaust today.... I called Jarrod at Buschur and he told me to re-use the o2 housing gasket.. this is not the same as the donut gasket, right?

tia.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Nevermind.. I put on the exhaust tonight.... the donut gasket definitly will not work with the DP.

Quick Reply: Another Buschur Exhaust Thread..with installation instruction.