Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help!

Hello everyone. I need some one to guide Me to the right place. About 2 weeks ago I up graded the UICP and the intake pipe with Injen piping. befor the upgrade on the piping car ran great and now when I give it gas it feels like I'm hitting a brick wall and then it goes. Took it to a local shop replaced fuel pump did not solve the problem then suggested to change spark plugs stills runs like crap. So for over almost 200 spent and nothing yet. Now another thing being suggested is to check if knock sensor is bad but My tuner said that its rare for Evos knock sensor to got bad He did a boost leak test and found the trottle body is leaking but He said that it shouldn't have that much of an affect to My issues. Sorry for this long boring problem of mine lol, Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place didn't know where to put it in is both tuning or mechanical I guess. One more thing I have Zeitronix installed on My car. I've never really played with it because I never had problems with the car. Is there a way to pull My log so that I can post it on here. I just ordered Evoscan also Im affraid to do any logging right now due to the condition that the car is in. Thanks everyone for taking your time to read this.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Check to make sure your MAF got plugged back in...

If it isn't plug in back in and unplug your battery for about 10 min.

If it is still plugged in...it wouldn't hurt to try the battery thing anyways...
Old Apr 2, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Did all that even took intake pipe off and reconnected still same issue.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

When is your problem occuring @ what RPM.

Is it just when you are boosting it hard, or just normal DD driving around town.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Put all ur stock stuff back on and see if it goes back to normal and if it does then u know its the piping
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
When is your problem occuring @ what RPM.

Is it just when you are boosting it hard, or just normal DD driving around town.
Occurs around 2500 rpm I can feel it boosting but not going anywhere. It doesnt respond like she use to anymore.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

any check engine lights?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

No CEL that's whats weird about this. Would being close to 60K maintenance be the issue? weird never had problems with stock pipes. So why now. It's worrying Me that the shop I go to don't know what the issue is. And He is good.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like u need a tune, what could be happening is your hitting higher load cells now with ic piping that you werent before. So you could be hitting boost cut, or you could be hitting fuel cut...Get a couple datalogs on the car WOT to see if its knocking. Or go get your car tuned if it hasnt been. Then report back.
good luck
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

I took it to the shop that tuned My car, He could not figure out what was wrong. He did noticed that My forge dv was getting could this be the issue? I'm going to contact forge performance and see if they'll replace My forge dv. I was driving from work to go home and I heard it flutter at low boost and then would hear it blow off. Hopefully this is My issue. Thanks all for the help and tips and what to check for.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
either boost leak or intake pipe was not installed properly. i doubt a UICP would cause him to hit higher load cells.

if there are no boost leaks and everything is installed correctly then try swapping in the stock stuff.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

heres a simple fix you can do to see...take carb spray or anythin with ether in it, spray around the ic piping where the couplers meet the piping and if the idle moves up thats an affected area that needs to be seated and tightened properly. Also another hint, you can always go back to each coupler remove it real quick spray hair spray on the ic pipe, put coupler on tighten it right and problem solved. I do that with my ic piping even with t-bolt clamps, boostin 27psi on pump gas, havent had a coupler pop off in a year.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Update on My issues. After trying almost everytthing, went to the shop that I take My car to My tuner checked ijectors they were good and I know this that the intake was touching the fan guard and so I adjusted the intake pipe a little to the right and also Scott said that the hose on the back of the intake manifold popped out, I believe its called the EGR or EGT hose something like that. Now she is running good something was causing the car to knock hopefully it was the intake pipe. But regardless she is good now. Just the fluttering issue but that's an easy fix I at least know what that proble is (bov). Thanks everyone.