Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

carbonetics blade clutch

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carbonetics blade clutch

Im looking to hear what people have to say about the new Carbonetics blade clutch. I am sick of the twins and tripples. Does this clutch have lock out issues? will it hold around 450 torque? I dont care what it drives or sounds like, if this is cheaper then another tripple disc then i am going with it, as long as it holds and does not lock out. lock out is my main concern.

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clutch lock out is caused by clutch abuse and improper installation, no one to my knowledge produces a clutch with high rpm lockout as a feature, lol.

Most of the time its a warped pressure plate or in the case of a multi disk it can also be a warped intermediate plate. When it warps it causes the clutch to drag on the flywheel at high rpm and the result is lockout. Warping is usually caused by slipping the clutch to aggressively and producing to much heat.

With the ACT clutches it has been shown that improper adjustment of the clutch pedal after install will also cause the clutch to drag a bit on the flywheel.

A good way to check for problems is put the car in gear and with the clutch down rev the engine up to 7k or so and see if the car starts to move, if it does then your clutch is dragging.

As far as carbonetics goes, I have never used their blade clutch but they seem to have a good reputation, if only a bit on the expensive side. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akeric
Clutch lock out is caused by clutch abuse and improper installation, no one to my knowledge produces a clutch with high rpm lockout as a feature, lol.

Most of the time its a warped pressure plate or in the case of a multi disk it can also be a warped intermediate plate. When it warps it causes the clutch to drag on the flywheel at high rpm and the result is lockout. Warping is usually caused by slipping the clutch to aggressively and producing to much heat.

With the ACT clutches it has been shown that improper adjustment of the clutch pedal after install will also cause the clutch to drag a bit on the flywheel.

A good way to check for problems is put the car in gear and with the clutch down rev the engine up to 7k or so and see if the car starts to move, if it does then your clutch is dragging.

As far as carbonetics goes, I have never used their blade clutch but they seem to have a good reputation, if only a bit on the expensive side. Hope this helps.

Many clutches along with the stock clutch do not allow high rpm WOT shifting. Its known in the community that the evo suffers from lock out. The twins and tripples work for a little while.The Tilton really is the only solution but it cost 4 grand and needs re building often they say. Im looking for some real reviews from those in the know.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seen this?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

yes.. looking for more reviews
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

my competition started locking out so i got the twin version of the carbonetics blade, good price, could not be happier, pedal is like stock, drivability like stock and holds 1000hp, so smooth between shifts and launches like a dream. setup is 34psi 2.4L fp black. 600+hp dynojet