Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch to the floor. Brake fluid leaking.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like fluid may be leaking from one of the lines or the master slave cylinder has gone bad.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually had the same thing happen while going through denver on my way to colorado springs. i found a small crank in the clutch hydraulic line that goes from the master to the slave cylinders and did a temp fix to get me back on the road. best bet, order the STM one piece SS clutchline as it goes from the master all the way down to the slave cylinder and this will never happen again. my line cracked right where the push clip goes to the bracket on the tranny. somehow it pushed the line apart over time from tension and caused a small hairline crack in the soft line's swedged joint (the metal piece). super weird but you would only see it if you removed the whole hydraulic line and inspected it. afterwards bleed the clutch thoroughly to ensure no air is trapped in the system. good luck!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judging from your pictures I would have to say either your slave cylinder or a hole in the rubber line going to the slave cylinder. I would start by checking all of the lines going from your Clutch Master cylinder to your Slave cylinder. BY checking I also mean physically grabbing the line and following it from one to the other. Because there is no need to replace the slave cylinder if it is as simple as a leaking line that can be replaced with a braided one. Best of luck.