Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Competition Twin disk clutch issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Graphic
I think you're driving the wrong car, shouldn't you be driving a VW and posting on the vortex? Just for you, as you seem to be the typical troll, here is my build so you have a true idea that this wasn't just a simple "clutch" install. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ld-thread.html I built this car myself from the ground up and this was the first time I've ever touched a twin disk. Unlike you who pays people to do all your work. There really isn't much information on the competition twin. If I would have installed the clutch without looking online, I would not have had any problems. It was false information that lead me to this mishap. People make mistakes, it happens. When you work on your own **** and don't pay someone else, that's when you have the right to act like you know what you're talking, but you still don't have to be a dick about it. Douche.
First of all, before you get all butt hurt, my post wasn't directed to you. I wouldn't comment on here to make fun of anybody...especially to someone who I asking about the same clutch I use. I've been telling everybody how great it is. My post was directed to AWD96's post about his friend thinking the motor was knocking.

Second, I am not the typical troll you think I am. That's great you have spent time and energy in your EVO. I admire that. Really. I've done a lot of my own work but I don't necessarily have the space to do all the things I want to. So I'd appreciate an apology for jumping to conclusions about me. I have a pretty good knowledge on EVO's from hours of research. I don't know it all but I always try to understand everything I can about my own car.

Btw I hate VW's....
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
First of all, before you get all butt hurt, my post wasn't directed to you. I wouldn't comment on here to make fun of anybody...especially to someone who I asking about the same clutch I use. I've been telling everybody how great it is. My post was directed to AWD96's post about his friend thinking the motor was knocking.

Second, I am not the typical troll you think I am. That's great you have spent time and energy in your EVO. I admire that. Really. I've done a lot of my own work but I don't necessarily have the space to do all the things I want to. So I'd appreciate an apology for jumping to conclusions about me. I have a pretty good knowledge on EVO's from hours of research. I don't know it all but I always try to understand everything I can about my own car.

Btw I hate VW's....

Well before I even got to the part where you're asking me for an appology I already knew I owed you one. I am def one to admit when I am wrong. And for that sir if I lived by you I'd buy you a beer and appologize in person sinceerly.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Graphic
Well before I even got to the part where you're asking me for an appology I already knew I owed you one. I am def one to admit when I am wrong. And for that sir if I lived by you I'd buy you a beer and appologize in person sinceerly.
No problem at all sir. And I apologize for not clarifying who I was talking about. Either way, moving on! Did you get it figured out? I could imagine the frustration that would be causing. Hope it all works out for ya. You'll love this clutch though. It grabs like a MOTHER and never disappoints at the track
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
No problem at all sir. And I apologize for not clarifying who I was talking about. Either way, moving on! Did you get it figured out? I could imagine the frustration that would be causing. Hope it all works out for ya. You'll love this clutch though. It grabs like a MOTHER and never disappoints at the track

Yes I did! I had the floater plates installed wrong. As soon as I looked at it, I was like well.. ****.. I started the car up last night at 1:04 am. Broke the motor in, fixed an idling issue, next I have to figure out why the car acts funny on throttle.