Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Pushing Clutch Pedal Causes Engine to Stall. Help!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oucch that sucks, the thrusts are under the main cap so you wont see them until the cap comes off, one will be there and the other will be in heaven. You already have a core 2.0 block for that 2.3 build? Good luck on that journey and welcome some extra tq!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chamelieon
Oucch that sucks, the thrusts are under the main cap so you wont see them until the cap comes off, one will be there and the other will be in heaven. You already have a core 2.0 block for that 2.3 build? Good luck on that journey and welcome some extra tq!
Ok, well I was able to see that the crank has worn into the main. Hard to see from the pictures, but it has.

Buschur ordered a new core from for my build... $$$ ouch!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, here is an update with pics. It's kinda hard to see but the crank wore into the main just ever so slightly. I am wondering if the block might be salvageable? Doesn't look horrible to me.

Old Mar 12, 2014, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow u lucked out bigtime..I dont think its that bad because the thrust lip is still there.. I have a spare block that had the same issue and if u really think about it..if u switch to a push clutch then u will be using the other side which was always a virgin lol but u need to make sure the thrust will stay in place on the damaged side just to chill there..I think a machine shop can clean that up..
Old Aug 9, 2014, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to see this happen to another innocent evo. Glad you caught it before it got too bad. When mine walked my entire short block was shot. check it out.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGR Valve Replacement

Originally Posted by TurboTylerIX
Last night I noticed my car seemed car to start. I thought the battery was getting low.

This morning the problem grew much worse and the engine would die when clutching in and coming to a stop. It is hard to restart.

I figured out that my car idles just fine and normal when I have the transmission shifted in neutral and the clutch pedal out. As soon I even start to press the clutch pedal it seems like it is loading the engine and causes the rpm's to drop. As I continue to press the clutch in, its gets worse until the engine dies.

Getting into gear is a little harder at times. I did a test for clutch drag where I put it in 1st gear on a flat surface and revved to 4,000 rpm to see if the car would move forward, but it did not.have an exedy twin HD clutch in it with 30k miles on clutch. I have 55k miles on the car. I have the 5 speed with ACD.

I haven't heard any strange noises.

Please help me diagnose this. I called exedy and 2 local shops to no avail.

Thank you
lve

Replace your EGR valve...dont try to clean it...prolly wont work. I replaced mine and car runs perfect. Problem is the gas is recirculated and then the valve is bad so it chokes the engine. dont let the dealers take your money without solving the problem.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:16 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Jared j.
lve

Replace your EGR valve...dont try to clean it...prolly wont work. I replaced mine and car runs perfect. Problem is the gas is recirculated and then the valve is bad so it chokes the engine. dont let the dealers take your money without solving the problem.
It's been three years. He's probably figured it out by now.