Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Timing Belt whine!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timing Belt whine!

Hey guys just replaced my BS and T-belt with the blue gates racing belts ive also done high temp seals, new pulleys tensioner ect ect.
Well I have a "slight" belt whine after the installation and It halfs in noise when warm infact is almost dissappears. the noise occurs between 1500-3000 rpm although ive heard gates blue belts make a slight noise sometimes due to the compound materials used in the belt. Im not scared because ive given the car hell in the past few days (rev wise) and nothing has changed just curious,
Has this happened to any of you with gates or other aftermarket belts? Any help would be appreciated and I repeat its a slight whine!
Cheers.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MnchMnchV84Lnch
Hey guys just replaced my BS and T-belt with the blue gates racing belts ive also done high temp seals, new pulleys tensioner ect ect.
Well I have a "slight" belt whine after the installation and It halfs in noise when warm infact is almost dissappears. the noise occurs between 1500-3000 rpm although ive heard gates blue belts make a slight noise sometimes due to the compound materials used in the belt. Im not scared because ive given the car hell in the past few days (rev wise) and nothing has changed just curious,
Has this happened to any of you with gates or other aftermarket belts? Any help would be appreciated and I repeat its a slight whine!
Cheers.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ne-normal.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lt-change.html