Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Active drivetrain reliability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Active drivetrain reliability

Does anyone have information pertaining to the reliability of active the Evolution's active drivetrain components (ACD, AYC)?
It seems that these components might be expensive to replace after the warranty has expired.

How about diagnosis? Is a mitsubishi/dealer scantool required to access the active drivetrain computer(s)?

How about special tools? Can I diagnose and fix this thing myself?

It seems that the wrx sti would be more reliable, as well as cheaper and easier to diagnose/repair as far as the drivetrain goes. If this is so, this would make the sti more appealing to me.

Anyone?
Old Aug 15, 2002, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problems? Great? I suppose this system has been around long enough that if there were any problems, they would have eliminated them by now.

What I had meant to say was that it seems that these components might be more expensive than conventional limited slips, but if they are not problematic I suppose that I should not be concerned.

I have not seen the insides of an acd or ayc unit, but I suppose that they shouldn't be very complicated.

I had meant that it seems that the sti might be more reliable as far as the drivetrain goes beacause of the mechanically simpler diffs. I don't know, which is why I am asking.

I realize that I am on an Evolution forum- not an sti forum- and that people may take offense when I start questioning the quality of the evolution. Please do not be offended. I'm just asking.