Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Trouble issus car wont start

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 06:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trouble issus car wont start

Hello guys, my evo 8 has been sitting in my garage for 1 month now havent drove it because because EGR vacuum solenoid had to he replaced so i replaced it and try turning the car on didnt start. Scanned my car said it was "fuel pressure regulator, replaced that didnt turn on and gave me another code wich was fuel pressure solenoid.replaced that and still doesnt turn on. Iv replaced what it said in the computer and wont start what could it be ???
Old Jul 6, 2016, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I can understand why those two fixes didn't work. I don't know what the first code was you got but there is no code for the fuel pressure regulator. The only way to test it is with a pressure gauge in series with the fuel supply to the rail. Second, the fuel pressure solenoid isn't going to affect starting, working or not.

The engine needs air, spark and fuel. One of those is either missing or not getting to the engine in the correct amount. So, check for spark, check that fuel is getting to the engine and check for a vacuum hose off that could be allowing unmetered air into the intake.

Edit: Since this all started with the replacement of the the EGR, I'd suggest revisiting that first.

Last edited by barneyb; Jul 7, 2016 at 08:24 AM.