Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ME2-XTG6 users

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 04:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 357 Likes on 241 Posts
ME2-XTG6 users

I've searched and there doesn't seem to be any data or reviews on this clutch. I've run the ME2-HDG6 a few times and it performs well but will slip over 10psi launch when drag raced for me. The HDG6 does drive as good as the stock clutch and has worked well.

I'm not interested in a twin/triple at this time so the hunt for a quiet, well mannered unicorn clutch that holds 450/500TQ well and lasts 10K is on the wish list. I drag, auto x and road course the car as well as drive it hard often so the clutch is a wear item for me.

Does anyone have any feedback on this clutch?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 04:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,326 Posts
The ACT XT pressure plate is tractor heavy. I did not like it that much.

My exedy twin is silent unless the clutch is disengaged. And with the clutch disengaged, I really have to have the windows down and stereo off to hear it clattering around. Not sure what noise you're concerned about. But if it's that, it's really not bad.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
The 500ft/lbs of torque is the tricky aspect here as you're aware and I don't know of a single that can hold that kind of power during a launch. Your only possibilities that I can think of would be a puck style clutch but then that throws the well manured aspect out the door.

And Sean, I still have yet to figure this one out but I have the XTSS on my car and my buddy also has the XTSS and his pedal is wicked stiff and mine feels light, as in a lighle bit lighter than my Comp stage 2 was which was only a smidge stiffer than the OEM Exedy. I swear I don't have an XTSS in my car bc the pedal feels so light but I bought it brand new and everything so IDK.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 01:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by heel2toe
The 500ft/lbs of torque is the tricky aspect here as you're aware and I don't know of a single that can hold that kind of power during a launch. Your only possibilities that I can think of would be a puck style clutch but then that throws the well manured aspect out the door.

And Sean, I still have yet to figure this one out but I have the XTSS on my car and my buddy also has the XTSS and his pedal is wicked stiff and mine feels light, as in a lighle bit lighter than my Comp stage 2 was which was only a smidge stiffer than the OEM Exedy. I swear I don't have an XTSS in my car bc the pedal feels so light but I bought it brand new and everything so IDK.
The XT was so heavy, I would hop into other manual trans cars with a "normal" clutch and it would sound like I was trying to put my foot through the floor when I pushed the clutch pedal in because I would push expecting the pedal to be heavy as ****...LOL
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the xt-ss sprung solid disc. I can't remember the part number. The pedal is super heavy, but doesn't bother me. No lock out ever. I just got it this past summer. 1500 miles, probably 20 track launches. Pretty much like a light switch though. On or off. My car makes 410wtq, 509 whp. I'd recommend it as an alternative to the pricey exedy twin. I don't expect it to last as long either, but at less than half the price, it's worked well for me.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Seriously then wtf is my clutch pedal so light then? It literally makes no sense whatsoever. My clutch arrived brand new in its package. Im gunna have to take a look at the box again as I certainly ordered the XTSS. I was surprised how light the pedal was and my friend's pedal is significantly stiffer than mine.

I think I have the wrong clutch in my car, lol. But hey its holding up thus far so cant complain. Sorry OP not trying to derail your thread. Unfortunately I have no other useful feedback other than what I already stated.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

So its confirmed that I do indeed have the ME2-XTSS
Name:  20161124_130925_zpsxyijt9cr.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  148.2 KB

Did ACT make any changes to the XT pressure plate that would allow mine to be much softer than my buddies? According to the specs the XTSS is rated at 565ft/lbs (obviously at the flywheel) but that's right around where you'd like to be.

Now that Im becoming more familiar with ACT nomenclature it seems the XTG6 is the XT pressure plate with a 6 puck disk which should in theory hold even more power than the XTSS. And to that end the clutch shouldn't be any heavier than my clutch but will be a little grabbier given the pucked friction discs.

Now if I could just figure out why my pedal effort is minimal. And let it be known I always skip legs day.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 02:18 PM
EvoM Guru

You still could have had the wrong pressure plate in the box. Only way to confirm would be to find the part # on the pressure plate.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Shut it I knew you were gunna say something like that!

In all fairness its a totally valid comment. I wonder where there have the part # stamped? I think I have an old ACT HD pressure plate upstairs in my garage that my buddy left so I'll take a look and see where its stamped. Assuming its on the side I might be able to see if if I pop off the inspection cover or boot around the shift fork. It's most certainly covered in clutch dust but maybe I can make out what it says on it? I am curious but have no interest in dropping the trans to find out.

Sorry I'm once again derailing this thread. It was sorta on topic as the clutch in question has the same pressure plate so I was trying to comment on pedal effort. What makes this even more interesting is that when I was getting feedback on my next clutch the XTSS was mentioned and people said it was stiffer than stock but nothing crazy. The XTSS in my buddies car is brutal. Like I said perhaps they made a change and have reduced necessary pedal pressure while maintaining clamping force?