Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Advice requested

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
Go look at video of Cuba - people driving around in '56 Chevys. Any car can be kept running practically forever if you are will to shell out the maintenance and repair money. Cars fail when people neglect them.
Having just been there, most of those cars have entirely different engines in them now. The '56 Chevy I drove around in had a Hyundai diesel swap lol.

In fairness, it was pretty clean on not a hack job

Originally Posted by J_Striker
As a daily with next to no other mods needed, I'd buy an FP 71HTA. You'll also need an evo 9 install kit. After that, a fuel pump, injectors and a tune.
This.

71 HTA is the easiest turbo to step up to from stock. If I had a 2.0, that's probably the turbo I'd run.

Oh, to the OP. I got 175,000 miles out of my Evo until I decided to pull the engine. Car still ran, I just wanted to throw a stroker in there.

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Aug 1, 2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by TariqEvo
I have an 03 evo 8,
engine is as it came from the factory, has zero signs of aging,
I guess its how the owners keep the cars that matter more
No complaints concerning the engine, I was talking about wiring and rubber.

I just figured it out, I'm on oil change #39. I change oil every 3K and never any lifter tick. I always run synthetic except once but no particular brand - whatever is cheapest at Walmart.

I had over 100.000 miles on this engine before it started loosening up and running like a normal engine. Oil consumption, which used to be half a quart in 3K has dropped to zero. She was built tight.