Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tial QRJ Orientation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heel2toe
The valve may not even need o rings but honestly they sell a rebuild kit that comes with their lube and the o rings together so not a bad option. They come apart very easily but just be very careful when putting the allen bolts back in as the casting for the synapse is shall we say not the best. But after a year of the thing sitting on my work bench I finally got it installed and I must admit driveability is fantastic, the synapse that is...
Well it has always randomly popped (after modding began)... if you suddenly get on the throttle, it's really weird... and that has happened with ETS UICP or the cbrd short route UICP but always with Synchronic DV, which bucked badly before I tuned it and put in the MilSpec spring. I've been running it a couple of years since with only the occasional pop.

It sounds like it makes sense to do the rebuild, but If I could totally eliminate that damn pop, it'd be worth the money to me, that **** is embarrassing and naturally, it happens to you when you need it the most.

I'll double check to see if it's on a dedicated vacuum line.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Yeah the vacuum line should be coming right from a nipple on the IM. Im not sure what you mean about a random pop but that sounds strange indeed. Have you played around with different configurations? I found that it seems to work really well on my car in push mode with both port a and b connected.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm using the recommended 3 psi spring and just got retuned at cbrd and i haven't had any issues what so ever with this setup. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 01:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
yup:

I know this wont help but I have to say that is a clean engine bay. Sorry I have no input. The post right before mine looks correct to me. Hope you fixed the problem.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys any update for this ? I got my qrj qith green spring -3 psi and my car do this on normal pedal pressure... https://streamable.com/ugcnx