Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

exhuast questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
exhuast questions

Hello everybody,

I have a greddy exuast and it kind of loud and living in CA with their new " if you have a exhaust we will make you pop your hood" i am trying to avoid that. what is a good decent price stealth look exhaust turbo bakc? i was looking at the HKS sport exhaust looks really good but there really isnt any data as to dyno sheets and power level. I called RRE and in order to buy RRE i need to sell my kidney to be able to afford it
so my question is what is a decent priced exhaust that wont sacrifice performance and wont get the cops on my ***? The HKS looks good if someone with that exhaust can chime in and help out i would really appreciate it. my mods is i have a built 2.4 with an FP black. will that exhaust handle it? I know its been asked 4000 times but no one gives a definite answer and confuse you more that is why i am asking again for my needs. Cheers

Thank eveyone,
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Or for easier feedback how much power can this exhaust hold? 500whp, 600 whp or 350? I can’t find anywhere or anyone running high HP with this exhaust. Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:46 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Like everything, living in California you gotta pay a premium. if you really want piece of mind pay RRE for their stealth. You won't be sorry.

That being said I have been running an HKS hi-power catback for 11 years and have never been pulled over and asked to pop my hood. I have had a CHP officer give me grief about my "Coffee can exhaust" before though.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Like everything, living in California you gotta pay a premium. if you really want piece of mind pay RRE for their stealth. You won't be sorry.

That being said I have been running an HKS hi-power catback for 11 years and have never been pulled over and asked to pop my hood. I have had a CHP officer give me grief about my "Coffee can exhaust" before though.
How much power can you pull out of those exhaust?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:01 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by benIX

How much power can you pull out of those exhaust?
its a 3 inch exhaust so probably as much as any other 3 inch.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cheapest option for stealth would be to just take the muffler off and take it an exhaust shop for a new muffler
Old Nov 29, 2017, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I had the RRE stealth exhaust on my old car and it was great, looked stocker than stock.

Here's an old RRE Blog entry that details what happened when the RRE exhaust was called out for being to restrictive vs another exhaust that was thought to be less restrictive:

http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/...ust-dyno-test/