Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Questions about my Gt3582r w/7-blade billet wheel upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about my Gt3582r w/7-blade billet wheel upgrade

So I’m putting together my turbo kit for my 9 and I pretty much have everything. But I’m not too sure of what I need for the turbo besides the oil feed line and oil return line. I was told by FP that I need a .030” orifice oil restrictor that connects to the feed line right before it connects to the banjo bolt/head. If you guys can point me in the right direction and provide links and/or pics,that would be great. Thanks in advance

Here are pics with outlines of what I need to know about what part goes where.

Last edited by Thugline; Nov 14, 2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Call ATP or check out their website. They have all the fittings, gaskets, you will need.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Call ATP or check out their website. They have all the fittings, gaskets, you will need.
I’m aware and thank you. But I need a visual of what I need. Anyone can tell me over the phone or tell me in person of what I need. But if I don’t have a pic and direction to go,I’m just as good as blind. You get me?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You've been on this site since 2005 and you haven't found the search button yet? What you're asking is some pretty basic stuff. If something this simple is stumping you, perhaps you should seek and retain paid professional help. You get me?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
You've been on this site since 2005 and you haven't found the search button yet? What you're asking is some pretty basic stuff. If something this simple is stumping you, perhaps you should seek and retain paid professional help. You get me?
Did I **** on your cornflakes this morning? Relax!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
...and if it’s so basic,then why dont you answer the questions I’m asking?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
So here is what I did. I bought a used gtx3582r and it didn't come with everything I needed. On the atp website they have an install manual with instructions and photos for all the washers, fittings, gaskets for their kit. I can't see why that won't help you figure out what you will need?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
So here is what I did. I bought a used gtx3582r and it didn't come with everything I needed. On the atp website they have an install manual with instructions and photos for all the washers, fittings, gaskets for their kit. I can't see why that won't help you figure out what you will need?
THx for your patience man! I hit them up and I am buying trough them.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Thugline
So I’m putting together my turbo kit for my 9 and I pretty much have everything. But I’m not too sure of what I need for the turbo besides the oil feed line and oil return line. I was told by FP that I need a .030” orifice oil restrictor that connects to the feed line right before it connects to the banjo bolt/head. If you guys can point me in the right direction and provide links and/or pics,that would be great. Thanks in advance

Here are pics with outlines of what I need to know about what part goes where.

OIL DRAIN:

OIL INLET:

BOOST SOURCE (put a hose barb here and plumb it to your boost controller):

The other two holes are for water lines/fittings, you'll need to do those as well.

The oil line should be fairly self explanatory. Put the banjo in the head with the exteneded -4 fitting, put filter on it, run the line to the turbo. You may need an 1/8" or 1/4" pipe to 4an adapter to attach the line to the turbo, or another banjo fitting. Precision uses pipe thread, not sure about Garrett.

Old Nov 15, 2017, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone

The other two holes are for water lines/fittings, you'll need to do those as well.

The oil line should be fairly self explanatory. Put the banjo in the head with the exteneded -4 fitting, put filter on it, run the line to the turbo. You may need an 1/8" or 1/4" pipe to 4an adapter to attach the line to the turbo, or another banjo fitting. Precision uses pipe thread, not sure about Garrett.

Thx brother! I appreciate the help. That’s exactly what I needed. I just bought the oil/water lines from Atp.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 06:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Just to clarify because I just noticed the one pic has two things circled, the small brass plug on the compressor cover is the boost source, and the hole in the center section is water.