Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Maperformance Setrab AN Fittings Leaking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 01:25 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone

I think you guys have a leak where the fittings screw into the OFH, or from the banjo on the cooler.
Walking myself through it, that's kinda where I was leaning too. I've already contacted MAP, but will check the fittings you mention before letting them offer to replace anything.
Also, I installed and may not have gone back to re-tighten anything. Maybe things are now seated and need a bump in torque.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
AN fittings do not use crush washers for any part of a hose end fitting. Where the hose goes in, its basically a compression fitting and the outer nut just about cuts into the hose to ensure it stays in place under pressure or if it get's tugged. AN hose assemblies can only be put together once, if you disassemble the hose from the fitting, the hose is done, unless you can cut it shorter to get a fresh end on the hose.

On the other side, you have a 37* angled seat that matches up with the male fitting's 37* seat.

It is REALLY hard to improperly assemble AN hose ends. Especially since Kyoo got hose pre assembled by Russel, I doubt that is what is leaking.

The fittings that screw into the OFH use a crash washer, and the banjo on the cooler uses crush washers. Mine initially leak from the banjo, but it was because I didn't get it tight enough. The fitting that thread into the cooler that accepts the banjo bolt uses an o-ring to seal to the cooler, same with the other fitting that goes into the cooler.

I think you guys have a leak where the fittings screw into the OFH, or from the banjo on the cooler.
if that's the case, it may be the banjo on the cooler. i've bumped the torque and the ofh are dry and have been, so i'll watch the connection on the cooler