Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

how does slave connect to fork ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how does slave connect to fork ?

hey guys,

sorry if this is a stupid question but how does the clutch slave cylinder bolt connect to the clutch fork ?

Evo 9 with a 5 speed RS conversion.

I lost all clutch pedal and trying to diagnose whats wrong. took off the clutch slave and there's some signs of leaking from boots but looking at how it operates I don't see how it pulls on the fork as its not connected ?

my fork is hard left against the side of the transmission housing and has spring tension when you move it to the right.

so it looks like the slave should pull on the fork ?

my slave has a threaded bolt that appears to slot into a non threaded hole in the fork- ie they are not connected. What am I missing here ? (fork side is really hard too see without stripping car down further)

Old Dec 5, 2018, 06:30 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
it doesn't connect it just fits in and pushes the fork. If your fork is all the way towards the engine then the throw out bearing has popped out of the pressure plate or something like that.
The following users liked this post:
SeenBean (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 5, 2018, 06:49 AM

yeah right. bugger.

cheers for info.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Threaded slave rod, what's the story there?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by barneyb
Threaded slave rod, what's the story there?
Well its an Evo 9 which comes with a 6 speed transmission but I had it converted to the stronger 5 speed RS which might have something to do with it.

I seem to recall that at some stage my car was switched from push to pull config all the other way around ? I cant remember as it was done a long time ago.

Old Dec 8, 2018, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SeenBean
Well its an Evo 9 which comes with a 6 speed transmission but I had it converted to the stronger 5 speed RS which might have something to do with it.

I seem to recall that at some stage my car was switched from push to pull config all the other way around ? I cant remember as it was done a long time ago.
Yeah, thanks, I'd never seen that before.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 03:50 PM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Slave cylinders only push, they can't pull. Did they put a bolt in there because they lost the plunger? Maybe it's leaking around it? That's probably not right, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, your TOB collar most likely came off as mentioned above which is just a sucky job. Good luck, brotha!

SeenBean (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 9, 2018, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen the linkage in a pull to push conversion and I recall a different throw out arm with a joint that reversed the throw direction. The slave still worked the same way. I assume the threaded rod was for clutch adjustment.
SeenBean (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 02:39 AM

I'm fairly sure my car had the below link applied to it when i had a competition clutch installed. that clutch died instantly and was replaced with a exedy twin which uses the normal slave setup. So I'm guessing some of the conversion parts like the rod are still installed.

http://competitionclutch.com/tech/PUB-45106-1.pdf
Old Dec 10, 2018, 09:27 AM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by SeenBean
I'm fairly sure my car had the below link applied to it when i had a competition clutch installed. that clutch died instantly and was replaced with a exedy twin which uses the normal slave setup. So I'm guessing some of the conversion parts like the rod are still installed.

http://competitionclutch.com/tech/PUB-45106-1.pdf
That looks about right. What a complicated setup LOL. But push > pull for sure.