FIC 1650s - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FIC 1650s

Old Jan 10, 2019, 04:23 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kindelan4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
FIC 1650s

Hey guys, heading up to get tuned next week and spoke with my tuner about my fuel setup. Im going to run FIC 1650s and a Walbro 450. Im getting flex fuel tuned and plan on running primarily 93 with occasionally running e85 when I want to see what she can do.

Currently I have a 255 and ID1000s and my tuner is telling me I need an injector driver box jumper and the correct adapters. I purchased my injectors from MAPerformance and it says they are plug and play with the OEM harness. I also purchased the resister pack delete plug. Is that what my tuner is referring to? What have you guys done as regards to fuel with that injector and pump size? Do I need anything else other then the injectors and resister plug for my tuner to get them installed and tuned?

FWIW tuner is installing Fp green as well.

thanks everyone!
kindelan4g63 is online now  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 04:34 PM
  #2  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,602
Thanked 121 Times in 115 Posts
That is correct. Since you are only running a Green, you won't need a rewire unless you are going to constantly be in boost. Your oem wires will heat up when running full power (my guess is 12.5-12.8V).
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 04:37 PM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kindelan4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
That is correct.
Correct as in my tuner will not need anything other then the injectors and resister pack I've ordered?

SORRY for being annoying lol, just want to have everything ready for him!
kindelan4g63 is online now  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 04:39 PM
  #4  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
letsgetthisdone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 11,561
Thanked 622 Times in 588 Posts
Should do a hi/lo voltage rewire for the walbro 450. You'll be able to push the green to 500whp or so on E85, and the stock wiring won't happy about running the walbro 450.

The injectors should only need a resistor delete. If your tuner needs an injector driver to make it easier to tune the injectors, you should probably find a new tuner.
letsgetthisdone is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 04:44 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kindelan4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
Should do a hi/lo voltage rewire for the walbro 450. You'll be able to push the green to 500whp or so on E85, and the stock wiring won't happy about running the walbro 450.

The injectors should only need a resistor delete. If your tuner needs an injector driver to make it easier to tune the injectors, you should probably find a new tuner.
Is the STM fuel pump rewire kit suitable? Thanks
kindelan4g63 is online now  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:11 PM
  #6  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
letsgetthisdone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 11,561
Thanked 622 Times in 588 Posts
You can use that kit to implement a hi/lo voltage rewire. You do not want to hardwire the pump though.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11183124
letsgetthisdone is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:22 PM
  #7  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 297
Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Not to hijack a thread but i am currently putting on an FP green and i have a walbro 255 and FIC 1000 cc injectors, do i need to upgrade anything, i do have a walbro 450 i purchased but haven't installed yet.
huzzle101 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:32 PM
  #8  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kindelan4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huzzle101 View Post
Not to hijack a thread but i am currently putting on an FP green and i have a walbro 255 and FIC 1000 cc injectors, do i need to upgrade anything, i do have a walbro 450 i purchased but haven't installed yet.
no worries, from what I gathered I think you will be ok with a 255 and 1000s if your only running pump. (you may be limiting the green though) if you plan on running ethanol you will 100% max out that setup, as that is my current one. im sure an evolved member will tell you the same thing.
kindelan4g63 is online now  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:33 PM
  #9  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 297
Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by kindelan4g63 View Post
no worries, from what I gathered I think you will be ok with a 255 and 1000s if your only running pump. (you may be limiting the green though) if you plan on running ethanol you will 100% max out that setup, as that is my current one. im sure an evolved member will tell you the same thing.
Hmm yea i do plan on going dual map E85 is close by me and on the way to work...
huzzle101 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:40 PM
  #10  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kindelan4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huzzle101 View Post
Hmm yea i do plan on going dual map E85 is close by me and on the way to work...
Yea your in the exact same boat as I am. You will need to up your injectors. are you going to run an MHI green or Stainless steel?
kindelan4g63 is online now  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:41 PM
  #11  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,602
Thanked 121 Times in 115 Posts
You need 400 and 1300cc or more for Green. I'm assuming you both are using mhi Green and not SS Green.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:45 PM
  #12  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 297
Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
You need 400 and 1300cc or more for Green. I'm assuming you both are using mhi Green and not SS Green.
I have the FP Stainless EVO 9 Turbine Housing, well i guess i am going injector hunting... can i be originally tuned on 1000 and then retuned on 1300cc later, been down for almost 3 weeks now.
huzzle101 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:46 PM
  #13  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kindelan4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
You need 400 and 1300cc or more for Green. I'm assuming you both are using mhi Green and not SS Green.
No I actually went with the stainless steel housing. supposed to spool like a mhi red.
kindelan4g63 is online now  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:48 PM
  #14  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,602
Thanked 121 Times in 115 Posts
Then I suggest going a bit bigger since SS is single scroll and can flow more up top.
450 and 1650 is a good combo.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:50 PM
  #15  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
kindelan4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huzzle101 View Post
I have the FP Stainless EVO 9 Turbine Housing, well i guess i am going injector hunting... can i be originally tuned on 1000 and then retuned on 1300cc later, been down for almost 3 weeks now.
Im sure you can get tuned on the 1000s and see what it makes until you run out of fuel, but id wait until you get the larger injectors and pump in, that way you're only paying your tuner once.
kindelan4g63 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to kindelan4g63 For This Useful Post:
huzzle101 (Jan 10, 2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.