Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo deal in Wantagh Mitsu on LI, NY

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2001, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i owned a evo VI in europe before and after i moved to NY and i heard the 7 was coming i ran to a dealer that knew anything about it and put a deposit on it...
its only $500 and its refundable......let them keep it if it means i can have a 7!

I dont know if you guys have ever drove an evo but there arent many words to describe it but: SICK!!!
Friends of mine who had turbo civic and intergras got sick to their stomach when i took them for a ride and taking 90degree turns doing 50-60mph without the rear slipping.
'If i ever get this car here it will be my regular car for now but after it will be my weekend car....
Believe me it wont stay at 265bhp for long .... i have a ecu waiting for me already and a blitz air intake and exhaust
it will see 300+ within the first 6 months of delivery. as if the 265 isnt enough

Til then
FiddlyD

p.s is there a mirc chat room that we can talk in??
Old Dec 30, 2001, 11:26 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Try this:

http://www.lancerforums.com/chat.php

I'm going to look for a better chat software that works with all browsers. I thought this one was kind of cool because you could have avatars and move around Best bet is to try and organize a time to enter the room and chat.

Mark
Old Dec 31, 2001, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Infinity
Oh and btw, Mitsu would not allow dealers to mark up the price on Evos.
Sorry to break it to you, but Mitsu has absolutely no control over what dealers do on pricing. Dealers actually purchase their cars from Mitusbishi, and are then free to ask whatever they like for them. Once they become the posession of the dealership, there is nothing Mitsu can do about the price.

Now, will it make sense for dealers to mark the car way up? Not in my opinion, but no doubt some will anyways. There are plenty of dealers that don't understand the concept of building a long-term customer relationship, and those are the ones that will try to screw people over.

Here's hoping that we can all buy 280hp Evo's for $24K by February 1st!
Old Dec 31, 2001, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

"Sorry to break it to you, but Mitsu has absolutely no control over what dealers do on pricing."

Honestly, from what I can tell, not only do they not have control, they don't give a *hit what dealers do. I've emailed MMSA (multiple people), and have only gotten one response, which was "has anyone gotten back to you yet?", then when I wrote back that no-one had, I got a form response from CallCenter@mmsa.com that didn't even address what I was talking about.

MMSA does not care what dealers do, from what I can tell. I'm still on my crusade to get this car at MSRP or lower, but it's becoming very apparent that neither MMSA nor any dealer I've spoken with cares about winning my business (as a first-time Mistubishi buyer - you'd think the most important to try to win), nor are they interested in building a "long-term customer relationship."

Dealerships suck!
Old Jan 2, 2002, 05:52 AM

Re: deposit in Wantagh

Originally posted by FiddlyD
I have a $500 deposit in Wantagh for the Evo7.
Im #5 on the list
The salesman says he is buying one for himself.. They say March 265bhp and $25000-28000..
Who is your salesman? Is it Alex? What an a*hole he is tho.

Old Jan 2, 2002, 09:57 PM

EvilEvo:

Yes it is Alex.... He seems ok to me.... He knows about his Evos
like i said we shall see.

fiddlyD
Old Jan 3, 2002, 06:49 AM

Yeah but his is a high pressure salesman that wanted my deposit last year.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

I am the first on the list at Gillman North in Houston...Don't go Gillman Central, those sales are all a-holes....The sales mgr took my name but didn't take my $$ until the msrp is out officially.
Old Jan 4, 2002, 05:54 PM

I met Alex from a car exibition where he was promoting the new Lancer OZ(which looks like sh*t)... and i asked him if her knew anything about the Evo coming here.....after that i set up a meeting with him at his office and we talked...no pressure.... if there was any pressure it was from me not him.... As long as its under $30K i dont mind.....what else can u get for 30k to even come close to the Evo.....dont forget its a family car too(4door)..... (i'm not married and no kids yet!)

LOL i watched Fast and The Furious 3 times last night....
I WANT MY EVOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FiddlyD

Last edited by FiddlyD; Jan 4, 2002 at 05:56 PM.