Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is anyone using LoJack security system?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone using LoJack security system?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone of you guys have the LoJack security system installed in your rides? Any thoughts on it? Or is there a better security system out there? I'm thinking about getting it for my Evo, my previous car was stolen, of course it was a honda. Well please feel free to chime in.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bayrider
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone of you guys have the LoJack security system installed in your rides? Any thoughts on it? Or is there a better security system out there? I'm thinking about getting it for my Evo, my previous car was stolen, of course it was a honda. Well please feel free to chime in.
it's really good with the early warning system. it's alwayz better to report within minutes after the car is stolen instead of reporting in the morning while your car
was stolen the night before.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

I have a lo jack installed. I heard it was a waste of money because you need laser cut key or whatever to steal the car. Personally I would not put it on a car like this again. Most people just try to steal thing like the steering wheel, seats, etc... Thats just my opinion. I'm curious cause I don't recall anyone getting their evo stolen.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the reply.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bayrider
Hi all,

No i would say save the money and invest it on a cliffored G5. Yes cops use it but my friend who is a cop said they work $hitty. The are very sensetive and there are only a few places they put the low jak system, of couse its confidential to most people but im sure enough people know. Plus they say if it is stolen and not reported within 12-24 hours then its probably been taken out. If u want something like that look on the clifford website. They have this new system that is simular, except u can control/locate ur car. See with low jak u have to call the police and they handle it, but with cliffords u can locate ur car with any computer in the world. It also has extra features like unlocking and starting ur car. But I hear its expensive but then so is low jak. One other nice feature is u can put it just about anywhere u want to, dont quote me on this but im pretty sure.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

You get a discount on your insurance if you have a lo jack though.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

i got it.not bad.makes me feel safe,if the car get jack.saves a little cash on insurance
Old Feb 1, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm..I don't know much about security system and whatnot. Can anyone give me a brief explination of low-jack?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

I got one, mainly because it only increased my payments by a buck a month $72.00. <--- Hey that's what the actual difference was. So I said why not? Uhhh, I spent 8 hours negotiating with the sales people we fought tooth and nail, then at the last minute I showed them $xxxxx cash money and, I told them that I wanted a Tarmac Blk or I was gonna walk, I kinda felt sorry for them. Yeah right!

m~
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
viper vs. clifford vs. lo jack, i want a security thing that lets me know when my car is broken into, for example the windows and doors
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down

the only thing that sucks about a lojack is if someone messes up your car you HAVE to take it back. like if they dump oil all over the inside or something similar to that extreme.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

I like the idea of lo-jack, but at the same time, it only works AFTER the fact. I have the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5...I like the fact that you can see the responder and the car "talking" to each other constantly. I have heard of a handful of Evo's being broken into and whatnot, but essentially, if someone wants your car, they will do anything they can to get it.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:27 PM
BMS
Account Disabled

When I bought my evo, they offered me a gps system called Guidepoint, it's like onstar, but better they say... if you park your car at point a, and it's moved without you opening the door or whatever, they call you first, to let you know your car is being moved, then they send out the police, and with that guidepoint gps, it lets them know every move the car makes, what street it takes... ect, good investment, plus saves you 35% on car insurance... get it.

I belive I paid something like $700 installed.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

really, 35%, i got to check that out. Who installed it and was it 700 total.

Quick Reply: Is anyone using LoJack security system?