Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I got rear ended 8- (

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got hit about the same time of ownership. Front right corner. I keep 1-time use cameras in my cars. unwrapped it before i even got out. As I took pictures of her license plate, she got back in and drove off, got more pictures of her driving away. She was convicted of hit&run and not having insurance. I appeared in court as a witness with my pictures. My insurance covered the damages (all cosmetic, no chassis damage) under the uninsured motorist clause. Body shop's paint job ended up being better than the original mits paint job of all things.

keep disposable cameras in your cars. Unwrap it before you get out. take pictures of everything. street. lights. driver if possible. your car. their car. etc.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Oh man, get the JDM rear bumper... It's so sweet.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 01:10 AM

Sorry to hear about this.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Just dropped the car off this morning, they will call me with an estimate in a few hours or so. The bumper damage is very minimal and I think they might be able to fix it and make it brand new again, if not they might just order a new one. I hope nothing else is messed up like the chassis and suspension wise, even though it doesn't look like anything is wrong, they would never know unless like you said, they actualyl take the whole bumper off and etc. The exhaust, the main b pipe from buschur racing is kinda bend inwards more and my muffler exhaust tip is like angled behind the bumper diagonally and theres no good exhaust flow. Hopefully if they do tend to fix everything and not order any parts, they do a perfect job, or else after I drive the car around the lot once I get it back, I'll tell them it doesn't feel right and I want it re done. Also, I told the lady that my exhaust is from buschur and it is an aftermarket exhaust. She asked if I got it locally, I said I got it installed locally (but really I installed it myself 8 - ) ) and I bought it through the net from buschur. She said she might need buschur's info and etc if they can't fix the exhaust so that sounds good 8 - ) Or maybe ill ask them I don't want buschur anymore, actually its a Greddy Ti JDM exhaust from japan or an arc exhaust LOL. Anyway, so far so good, hope I get my car back asap!!!!!!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

hope you get it back soon man!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

ouch...dat sux...but yea ask the person estimating to estimate whole new exhaust...dont get it repaired...get it replaced
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by invazn
time for a new c-west body kit.
HAHAHHA! That made me laugh. Hey why not, if someone clipped my car NOTE: CLIIPPED, not bashed into. iwould get aftermarket kit. At this moment, the only rear end icould suggest to u is: Evo9 rear end!!! Get it shipped from japan! After she sees the prices on the bill she's gonna think u have ur engine in the trunk.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

You have just lived my greatest fear. Sry man GL on repairs.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:24 AM

@PoorBoys
You watch Naruto or just found your avatar somewhere?
Originally Posted by Shado
Oh, I hope the insurance will cove the aftermarket exhaust for you. When I was rear ended in my Fiero GT the Insurance would only cover the Factory OEM parts. It really sucked, It was expencive to get custom bent dual exahust for that rear engined V6... Anyway, I hope they cover it for you, sometimes insurance companies can be a real b*tch to deal with.
L8R, Jay
Shado could you sue the person and her insurance company for the damge since it wasn't your fault? Dude sorry about your misfortune and rental cars really suck, that is exactly why I am trying to keep my Altima and get a Evo as my back up car.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

hmm, not sure if they are going to have to actually replace the whole bumper or the whole exhaust, but if so. If the prices are about the same for a buschur turboback for lets say a greddy ti exhaust, can i tell them to get me the greddy ti and put that on instead? Also for the bumper, if the stock bumper costs a lot and getting and aftermartet one is about the same, should I just see if they can get me an aftermartket read bumper? Not sure if they can do this though, they didn't call me back yet since I dropped my car off at the body shop for an estimate, they said they will call me asap though. I'll give them a call in the morn and see what they say. If they do in fact say they need buschur's number for my exhaust and etc, I'll just tell them the whole exhaust is around a grand, just get me the greddy ti with and an aftermarket downpipe and test pipe to fit it all! LOl. Also, the damn shop is closed on the weekends so, I won't be expecting to get it back this weekend, SHIET!! The weather this weekend is supposed to be good for cruising and meets 8- (
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fareastkorean
\If they do in fact say they need buschur's number for my exhaust and etc, I'll just tell them the whole exhaust is around a grand, just get me the greddy ti with and an aftermarket downpipe and test pipe to fit it all! LOl.

that definately isnt gonna happen bro...
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

ah o well, if they will replace it with a brand new buschur, ill take it, but i wanna try the buschur exhaust instead, since i already have the magnaflow, i heard its a bit louder
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

lol...good luck.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I feel for you... I got my car May 2003 and by November I had been rear-ended. Took 21 long days to get he car back. Hope it doesn't take you as long.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

I'm glad you didnt hurt the girl. I got a love tap by some woman not paying attention who was putting on makeup, and had she not locked her door I might of dragged her *** out of the car. *sigh... Good luck on getting her fixed !!

Quick Reply: I got rear ended 8- (